Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default FT2CH (Focusless, Targetless, 2 Click Heal)

Not sure if this has been talked about at all, but if it hasn't, then I figured out how to make a 2 click heal for any character from your main's screen. I should have named this FT2CA, which is a Focusless, Targetless 2 Click Ability, but that is taking it a step further than I going to talk about here. What this does is let your healers heal without ever having to target or focus any character in your group. You click 2 buttons on your keyboard or actionbar and the healing starts.

It can all be done with HKN's Toggle function. Interstingly, I think I am using it more as a switch than a toggle, but sinec the functionality is there, it works.

So, here's the first tidbit of script.

Code:
    <Hotkey OEM3>
          <Toggle>
       <SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4, w5>
    	<Key CTRL OEM3>
          <Toggle>
    	<Key SHIFT OEM3>
          <Toggle>
    	<Key ALT OEM3>
          <Toggle>
    	<Key CTRL ALT OEM3>
          <Toggle>
    	<Key SHIFT ALT OEM3>
    So, I created a HotKey for tilde (`) which HKN sees as OEM3. That then has a set of 5 toggles that sends a different hotkey to all 5 of my windows. You can make it less if you have fewer healers, but as long as the hotkey isn't used in a non-healer window, it will do nothing. I used those modifiers just to keep everything connected to one key, the tilde.

On all my healer's actionbars, I created 5 healing macros.
    AB1 = /cast [target=toon1]healing wave
    AB2 = /cast [target=toon2]healing wave
    AB3 = /cast [target=toon3]healing wave
    AB4 = /cast [target=toon4]healing wave
    AB5 = /cast [target=toon5]healing wave

I then macro...
    AB1 = CTRL OEM3
    AB1 = SHIFT OEM3
    AB1 = ALT OEM3
    AB1 = CTRL ALT OEM3
    AB1 = SHIFT ALT OEM3

Ok, nothing huge here for anyone who has used HKN. This is how you set up most of your macros and buttons. So, when I turn HKN on and I hit `, the following occurs...

All 5 shamans heal Toon1.

Hit it again and all 5 shamans heal Toon2.

Hit it again and all 5 shamans heal Toon3.

Hit it again and all 5 shamans heal Toon4.

Hit it again and all 5 shamans heal Toon5.

Hit it again and all 5 shamans heal Toon1.

So, that is how toggle works, it is a Round Robin. One key does 5 different things. So, how does that help? Well, there is a command called <settoggle>. Toggle is a persistent variable in the program that is remembered for I guess as long as HKN is open (Freddie would know best). Set toggle allows you to change that variable dynamically. That is done with the following command...

<SetToggle 1 Hotkey OEM3>

How is that useful? Well, I then create 5 more Hotkeys...

Code:
    <Hotkey CTRL 1>

<Hotkey CTRL 2>
     <SetToggle 2 Hotkey OEM3>

<Hotkey CTRL 3>
     <SetToggle 3 Hotkey OEM3>

<Hotkey CTRL 4>
     <SetToggle 4 Hotkey OEM3>

<Hotkey CTRL 5>
     <SetToggle 5 Hotkey OEM3>
    So, hitting CTRL 3 sets the toggle for HotKey OEM3 to 3. I hit OEM3 and it sends out the following to all windows, ALT OEM3, which is a key binding to heal Toon#3. See where this is heading?

So, in the middle of battle, Toon3 starts getting walloped on. He needs a big time heal, I hit CTRL 3 and then ` and they all start healing him without ever changing their focus or their target.

Oh, it's a pain in the butt to hit CTRL 3 and then tilde? Don't you worry, you can do it with a couple of clicks on the screen.

First, you have to get the location of your unit portraits on your main's screen. In HKN script, put this...

Code:
    <Hotkey LButton>
    	<PassThrough>
          <If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW2 0 114 167 40>
    Then save and load. That will do nothing for you right now other than to activate the screen postion and win position displays in the Last Key Press window in HKN. Now, with those active, you can click anywhere on your screen and get the X and Y location. So, click the upper left corner of Toon1 and you'll get the screen location in X and Y. Write them down. Now click the bottom right corner and get that location. Subtract one from the other and you'll get the size of the box.

ie. - <If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW2 0 114 167 40> Means that that rectangle starts at x=0 and y=114 on my screen and the x goes 114 pixels to the right while the y goes 40 pixels down.

Do that for your entire party and now you should have their exact X Y positions on your screen. Put them in your script like this:

Code:
    <Hotkey LButton>
    	<PassThrough>
          <If MouseIsOverWindowRect Wow1 616 598 27 27>

<Else If MouseIsOverWindowRect Wow1 716 598 27 27>
                  <SetToggle 2 Hotkey OEM3>

<Else If MouseIsOverWindowRect Wow1 816 598 27 27>
                  <SetToggle 3 Hotkey OEM3>

<Else If MouseIsOverWindowRect Wow1 916 598 27 27>

<Else If MouseIsOverWindowRect Wow1 1016 598 27 27>
                  <SetToggle 5 Hotkey OEM3>
    So, if you click on your party's portrait, it then sets the OEM3 toggle for that character's heal. Now, all you have to do is call OEM3. You can either click on tilde, or make a dummy macro button. Just add a button that does nothing to your actionbar, add a heal like icon so you know what it is, get it's location like you did for your character portraits and add it to your else statements for your left click.

Code:
                <Else If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW2 631 412 27 27>
    	  <DoHotKey HotKey Oem3>
    It calls Oem3 and voila, your toon is healed.

So, after the config, all you have to do is click your character's portrait, then click your heal icon and he gets healed. No losing target or focus. Better yet, it can be used for other things as well. If you want to remove a curse, you create your macros for removing curse for all your curse removers, then add to the macro like this:

Code:
    <Hotkey LButton>
    	<PassThrough>
          <If MouseIsOverWindowRect Wow1 616 598 27 27>
                 <SetToggle 1 Hotkey OEM4>
    So, clicking on that toon's icon now sets the toggle for OEM3 (heal) and OEM4 (Remove Curse) to him. Click your OEM4 button, and voila, the curse is gone. The only thing to remember is that you are going to be changing a lot of toggles and might not realize it. Not a big deal until you click on the heal button and it heals a random toon if you didn't select one. So, you can add <resettoggles> to the end of each hotkey and they all go back to 0. You may even want to add a default toggle at the beginning of each that does nothing so you don't accidently click a button and it starts to do something you don't like.

If any of this is unclear, or completely stupid, let me know, but it makes healing a lot easier from your main's screen.

Oh, and to note, if you want to make it less robust but more fucntional, you can actually do it all in one click.

Code:
    <Hotkey RButton>
    	<PassThrough>
          <If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW2 0 114 167 40>
                   <DoHotKey HotKey Oem3>

<Else If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW2 0 176 167 40>
                 <DoHotKey HotKey Oem3>
    If you right click on your party member's frame, they get healed. Only one click, of course, you are bascically binding Heal to that button, so, it really has no other use. A way around this is to maybe just set their portraits as the clickable space which still allows you to click on the rest of the name plaque and have regular functionality on it, but right clicking on their portrait sends them a heal. Quick and easy, but not as robust as 2 clicks where you can use the first click for buffing and decursing as well.

hi, nice method, but honestly i don't realy get, why you don't use mouse-over-healing combined with a unitframe mod, which let you sort your members alpahabetical (like pitbull or grid)?
    for me the mouse-over-healing-approach sounds a little bit simpler, but maybe its only my preferences...
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Mouseover healing requires mouse broadasting right? That means all the alts have to have the same resolution and unit frames all in the same position. This elminates the need for that as you could have your alts set up any way. I haven't really looked at mouseover healing at all though.

Thanks for the ideas and the post. This gives me some good ideas how I can streamline my healing macros for my group. Thanks again. :thumbup:
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe

Thanks, for me it is a work in progress. I am actually sectioning off parts of each unit frame. If I click on the portrait, it makes that Toon my main. If I click on the health bar, I am casting heal. Will see how it works live though.