Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 5 Druids

Default 5 Druids

How would you run 5 druids for PvE?

1 Bear
    3 x Boomkins
    1 Resto?

What is the benefit for multiple moomkins? Do their aura's satck? It seems that it makes sense to make 1 and then maybe spec two others balance but not in moonkin form so they can spot heal. That seems to make more sense.

Or maybe...
    1 Bear
    2 x Boomkins
    2 x Resto

The benifits of being in moonkin form are 4% spell dam from master shapeshifter, +10% int from furor, +370% armor from items, single target crits have a chance to regen 2% total mana, and 15% of spirit adds to your spell power. Also immune to polymorph. I currently run 1 tree, 1 moonkin, and 2 balance not speced for moonkin form. I'm only 65 now so I may change.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

My druids are now 77.5. I run 5 moonkin while questing, and 1 feral, 1resto, 3 booms while instance grinding. I cleared up to Gundrak by 75 by using that setup. I found that one resto was enough healing power i didn't need to drop moonkin to spot heal except on bosses where i wanted to make it super easy by using tranquility more then once.

I do make liberal use of wild growth, as well as various macro to single target heal for when its needed. Hopefully ill be hitting heroics by the weekend so i can comment how the druid only holy trinity works out. I'm optimistic and cant wait for dual spec so i can still keep my all moonkin PVP fun.

Cheers

Default 5 druids and lazy

Ran into a few people asking me whether 5 druids were viable

Yes it is ! just 2X harder than shamans :P

Basically i'm running a 1 Feral / 3 moonkin / 1 tree - all in their respective forms

-Feral (in caster gear) with tree in humanoid form + 3 moonkin while questing - 5 starfires kill all normal mobs

The question most people ask is - what is the trick for Tree healing ? (macros etc.) I tried the easy way out (Button 4 is Healing Touch, alt-4 is Wild Growth on self and hence group) but I didn't like it cause it lacked the druid flavourerd HoTs. So after much planning and getting the new skill lifebloom, i made button 2 Wild growth (which shares the dps key with moonkin - hence wildgrowth is perpetually up in any fight regardless), alt-2 Lifebloom (i spam it once-twice a fight to keep it rolling), 4 is Regrowth (with glyph) and alt-4 is rejuv (use it once a fight). (4 is the exact same dps button as 2 on my Moonkins). Once i learnt to juggle the HoTs, fights became WAY easy. Plus, regrowth almost always crits (75% crit chance), hence triggering living seed. Its great fun you should try it Its easier than it looks to juggle hots cause you're spamming 2 and 4 anyway. just throw in an 'alt' once in a while a new hot appears

Mine aren't in Northrend yet (level 67 ATM). Mine are all Boomkin spec'd, and I've ran everything up to and including slave pens & Underbog as boomkin. Cleared those @ L63. Trash is very easy for the most part as I have a simple macro (F6-F10) to mark focus targets on each one along with raid targets, then a one button cast to entangling roots on each of the focus targets. This allows you to DPS all the ranged attackers, and do some spot healing if needed, then re-root and finish the pull. Most of the bosses can be DPS'd in moonkin form, as I usually open up with 15 treants, and massive DPS where I rarely have to heal. On the rare pull where something goes bad (roots break early, mistarget one of the mobs for roots, pat finds you, etc), I'll switch my lead into bear form and have the other 4 hot him up. It's amazing the survivability you'll have with 4 regrowths, and lifeblooms ticking on you.

Once dual-specs comes out, I may try the trinity group, but until I do an instance that really requires it, boomkin all the way for me.

My 5 Druid team isnt very high level yet but i am trying out 4 Feral 1 resto. With feral charge and 4 bears its really easy to get in mele range and with 4 tanks bouncing around agro its super easy to heal with hots. and 4 bears charging is just fun as hell.

Its not the way most people run a 5 druid team but its fun... and different.