Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default RAF Boosting - Daisy chained boosting works

Hi guys I'm new on these forums and I thank you for all the hard work that has been put into get information about boxing on WoW organized into a consolidated place.
    There has been some confusion over how linked RAF boosting works, most folks are saying that a daisy chained RAF linked booster can't boost. But in my experience I've found that to be inaccurate. Now I can say this all I want in whatever posts this comes up in, but I'd really appreciate it if someone would confirm this, that it doesn't work or it does work for them in the current live version of the game (PTR would be awesome too!) Accurate information is what we strive for after all.
    The way that I have it set up so that boostee's do get RAF XP is (I'm only 3 boxing) Main Account Refers BoosteeA which refers BoosteeB. (Main Account-> I then can boost with a high level toon on my Main account. An easy way to test this out is to create 2 level 1 on the Boostee Accounts and bring the main account over to the starting area and start killing stuff. I get RAF XP on the the Boostee Accounts, I would appreciate some others confirming this (as of right now on live) or saying that my accounts are bugged =)
    Again thanks for your all of your awesome advice and super macros!
    3 Boxer on Garona Horde:
    Da Locks (63)- Slavemaster, Slavez, Slavex
    Da Shamans (60)- Kissdaclonez, Kissdaclonec, Kissdaclones
    Da Mages (60)- Boombo, Xmassz, Xmassza
    Trinty Team (64)- Luver, Haater, Matchmaker
    (Pali, Mage, Priest)
    DK Tanking Team (60)- [DK to come], Friih, Groovin (DK, Druid, Druid)

Default RAF Linking

This does work, I have my accounts chained.. main-->Account2-->Account3-->Account 4-->account5... i boost 4 chars on accounts 2-5 with my lvl 80 on the main account and all 4 get RAF bonus.
    Zod
    Solo on Vashj horde side
    I got tired of just playing with myself

I think the reason it works (I not try it though) is that in the above example, account2 is getting his raf from account3.

If you did only the Main and Account2 in the above example it probably would not work. But when you toss in account3 etc. then it works.

This is kinda interesting as then:

Main - Account2 - Account3
    Main - Account4 -Account5

works, whereas

Main-Account2
    Main-Account3
    Main-Account4
    Main-Account5

Does not work, for instance boosting.

Default RE: RAF Linking

Quote Originally Posted by 'sliptrap',index.php?page=Thread&postID=191019#pos t191019
    This does work, I have my accounts chained.. main-->Account2-->Account3-->Account 4-->account5... i boost 4 chars on accounts 2-5 with my lvl 80 on the main account and all 4 get RAF bonus.
    Not only does this work, but you can daisy chain granted levels as well. Lets say you level 4 toons to 60 on Accounts 2,3,4 & 5:

Account 2 Toon A - levels to grant to Account 1 = 29
    Account 3 Toon A - levels to grant to Account 2 = 29
    Account 4 Toon A - levels to grant to Account 3 = 29
    Account 5 Toon A - levels to grant to Account 4 = 29

So then you create new toons on Accounts 2,3 and 4 and grant them levels up to 29 - these toons can now grant additional levels themselves.

Account 2 Toon B - levels to grant to Account 1 = 14
    Account 3 Toon B - levels to grant to Account 2 = 14
    Account 4 Toon B - levels to grant to Account 3 = 14

Basically when a toon on the RAF account that can grant levels gains 2 levels, they can grant a level to the linked account - It doesn't matter whether they gained the levels from questing or were granted them.

Cheers,
    S.
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Daisy chaining does work. The best part of that is you can fly/ride your main to some spot and then summon everyone over so you can avoid non epic mount speed and aggro.