Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Castsequence resetting

I couldnt find this looking around on the wiki or in the forums, mayby I am blind but is it possible to have a castsequence reset after a certain amount of time OR when switching targets?

For example I have the following macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target Feldt
    /assist
    /use 13
    /petattack [nocombat]
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=22 Curse of Agony, Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate
    But I want the macro to reset when switching targets as well, having my warlock incinerating mobs without immolate is dropping the DPS. I tried using "reset=22,target" but that didn't seem to work. Is this possible?
    Executus - EU Alliance
    1x Prot Paladin + 4 Shamans

reset=22 will reset when you have not tuched the key for 22 seconds. so as long as you smash the key it will not reset.
    I know (reset=combat) works. so maybe something like (reset=target) also work..

I dont know..
    Playing Hord on FrostWhisper - EU at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tight',index.php?page=Thread&postID=190583#post19 0583
    reset=22 will reset when you have not tuched the key for 22 seconds. so as long as you smash the key it will not reset.
    I know (reset=combat) works. so maybe something like (reset=target) also work..

I dont know..
    Actually reset=22 will reset 22 seconds after the first press since the last reset. If you press it again 20 seconds after the first press it will still reset in 2 more seconds. It is better this way as you can time it to use a spell as soon as it comes off cooldown.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

weird.. not for me.. i made a macro that was longer then 10 sec and set reset at 10 sec. it did not reset.. inch:

hmm.. making a new test..
    Playing Hord on FrostWhisper - EU at the moment.

Default RE: Castsequence resetting

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sanderu',index.php?page=Thread&postID=190581#post 190581
    I tried using "reset=22,target" but that didn't seem to work. Is this possible?
    I believe the separator for multiple options on reset is a forward slash, so what you are looking for if you want to use both the time and the target option is reset=target/22, or you could even add reset=combat/target/22 to cover more bases.

/castsequence reset=combat/target Corruption, Immolate, Curse of Agony, etc

not sure you can also add the 22 secs but this will reset if you leave combat or change targets.

Team 1 Level 70 Alliance
    1xPally 2xMage 1xShaman 1xPriest
    Diabolos - Paladin - Prot | Ifrit - Mage - Frost | Bahamut - Mage - Frost | Ramuh - Shaman - Elemental | Gardua - Priest - Holy

Currently living in China and playing on CHINESE servers. No WotLK or RAF in China yet.
    70 Warlock, Rogue, US Server -- Mage Chinese server
    60 Shaman -- CS
    55 Warlock -- CS

Default RE: RE: Castsequence resetting

Quote Originally Posted by 'Poetry',index.php?page=Thread&postID=190598#post1 90598
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Sanderu',index.php?page=Thread&postID=190581#post 190581
    I tried using "reset=22,target" but that didn't seem to work. Is this possible?
    I believe the separator for multiple options on reset is a forward slash, so what you are looking for if you want to use both the time and the target option is reset=target/22, or you could even add reset=combat/target/22 to cover more bases.
    Thanks, I will give that a try. That's what I am looking for indeed.
    Executus - EU Alliance
    1x Prot Paladin + 4 Shamans

It is good that you ask. Just remember that the internet has WAY more information than people do. I use WowWiki for my macro info along with the UI forums. reset has target/combat/time/modifier resets. So you can use CTRL and ALT and SHIFT if you want to force a reset. I am pretty sure that time was changed recently (4-5 months) to be a time since last keypress. I wish and it used to be a time since macro started reset. But they didn't want people to use it for cooldowns. It used to reset based on time since macro start, now I am pretty sure it works on time since last keypress. I just set it moderately shorter than the cooldown and just accept the action is not ready errors. Another way for short cooldowns is to make it rotate through back to the beginning. By then the cooldown should be done. Another way is to use a timer. The new clock Blizzard added has a timer feature so you can put a timer for 10 secs and make it ding/beep/etc so you know when a timer is done (cooldown is done).

Hope that helps. Good luck.

On this don't just use a significant time reference to reset the macros because you won't be able to dot dot change target dot dot. You want to have the ability to plant DoTs on every mob/player as quickly as possible.

With my locks I made a button for petattack which also loads up Demonic Empowerment. I also have a /petfollow macro in the event I want to call them back which is pretty much mandatory if you auto-target stuff.

Code:
    /cast Demonic Empowerment
    /petattack
    I had a hard time with getting a good DoT macros due to using FTL and the target system being different. So I just reset this macro every 3 seconds and it seems to work very well.
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=3 Corruption, Curse of Agony
    Believe it or not locks are lvl 80 and still haven't setup an immolate/Incinerate macro!
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden