Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Dual Boxing with Dual Monitors need help!

Hey everyone still new to multiboxing but im getting the hang of it. I got druid/shammy combo going with RaF boosting and working on my third account now. My question is I just bought a new graphics card the XFX 285 GTX 1Gb GDDR3. I mean its a beast. I run Farcry 2 on it with full detail no problems. So here is where I run into problems when im running WoW dual monitors it runs 1 screen fine at 60FPS plus. But when I dual box It cuts that in half. Sometimes they even run as low as 4 to 15 fps. Is thier something wrong? My system specs are in my sig and I do plan on getting another 285 GTX but i need help. THANKS!

System Specs

790i Ultra mobo

2GB DDR3 OCZ Ram

XFX 285 GTX 1Gb GDDR3

Q6700 2.67Ghz

Titan Watercooled case
    System Specs

790i Ultra Motherboard

4Gb OCZ DDR3 Ram

Q6700 2.67Ghz

XFX 285 GTX 1Gb GDDR3

Win XP professional SP3

Anetheron Toons:

Truden, Raidyn, Trudyn, Killswitch, Hellscream

Feathermoon Toons:

Truden, Raidyn, Trudyn, Raiden, Killswitch, Hellscream

Yeah I know they lack special names but oh well! LOL

i hear you gotta run it in horizontal span mode or else it wreaks havoc on your framerate. i cant remember why but for some reason wow in both screens doesnt jive. you can though use the other screen for like web surfing, itunes and all that jazz but as soon as you drag the wow window across you framerate gets trashed. maybe someone else can explain better though.
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bot',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189362#post1893 62
    i hear you gotta run it in horizontal span mode or else it wreaks havoc on your framerate. i cant remember why but for some reason wow in both screens doesnt jive. you can though use the other screen for like web surfing, itunes and all that jazz but as soon as you drag the wow window across you framerate gets trashed. maybe someone else can explain better though.
    When you are using XP you should use horizontal span mode. Vista supports hardware acceleration on both heads with dual monitor mode. Anyway, some more info would be nice. What OS are you using, is your CPU at 100% load, is your ram at 100% usage?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Blubber',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189364#post 189364
    When you are using XP you should use horizontal span mode. Vista supports hardware acceleration on both heads with dual monitor mode. Anyway, some more info would be nice. What OS are you using, is your CPU at 100% load, is your ram at 100% usage?
    oh thats good to know i had xp for a bit but when i built my new comp i upgraded to vista but didnt even bother trying dual monitors.
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

The 285 is two 260's bolted together - two video cards = bad for dual boxing on one machine under vista as well as XP. You will need to launch wow using that 2nd video card as the primary device - which I'm not sure if that is possible with the 285.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Wow so simple a caveman can do it LOL. I didnt think that would help but one screen shot up to 60 to 70 fps and the other one hovers around 30 to 40 which thats what I set it at. Thanks man that really helped alot. Ill just switch back to normal when im not played WoW. Thanks Bro.
    System Specs

790i Ultra Motherboard

4Gb OCZ DDR3 Ram

Q6700 2.67Ghz

XFX 285 GTX 1Gb GDDR3

Win XP professional SP3

Anetheron Toons:

Truden, Raidyn, Trudyn, Killswitch, Hellscream

Feathermoon Toons:

Truden, Raidyn, Trudyn, Raiden, Killswitch, Hellscream

Yeah I know they lack special names but oh well! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 'Raidynxbl',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189383#po st189383
    Wow so simple a caveman can do it LOL. I didnt think that would help but one screen shot up to 60 to 70 fps and the other one hovers around 30 to 40 which thats what I set it at. Thanks man that really helped alot. Ill just switch back to normal when im not played WoW. Thanks Bro.
    Just a note, you have 22 lines of signature for 2 lines of post... May wanna pare that down so you have more message than you have in your average signature.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189372#post 189372
    The 285 is two 260's bolted together - two video cards = bad for dual boxing on one machine under vista as well as XP. You will need to launch wow using that 2nd video card as the primary device - which I'm not sure if that is possible with the 285.
    You're talking about the 295 now. The 285 is only a single GPU card just like the 260, albeit more powerful.

And as stated, blame XP for not being optimized for dual-view mode. :< Basically it cuts your FPS in half on the second monitor.
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU
    Level 96 Unholy Deathknight - Unholy Deathknight
    Level 90 Protection Paladin - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Restoration Shaman
    Level 71-76 Guardian Druid - Frost Mage - Destruction Warlock - Beast Mastery Hunter - Discipline Priest

Quote Originally Posted by 'Chranny',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189516#post 189516
    Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189372#post 189372
    You're talking about the 295 now. The 285 is only a single GPU card just like the 260, albeit more powerful.

And as stated, blame XP for not being optimized for dual-view mode. :< Basically it cuts your FPS in half on the second monitor.
    ^^Agreed GTX295=Dual processor. GTX285=55nm version of GTX280=Single Processor

I read somewhere that it the difficulty lies in that DirectX 9 does not support multi screen rendering, whereas Vistas DX10 does, having said that Vista doesnt work dual screen rendering for me either, Keyclone fixed that though with the max-foreground, max-background fps per WoW instance.

Alliance-Aman'thul