Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default ISBoxer - Multiple Computers

I haven't taken the dive into using my laptop/desktop together, but have been thinking about it.

Lax, et al, once set up (I've read the walkthrough on the ISBoxer wiki page) will I be able to bring windows from any toon to my main PC? I'm thinking i'd setup four on my desktop and one on my laptop. So, will I be able to bring a session that's running on my desktop onto my laptop screen and control all five sessions from the laptop?
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

" will I be able to bring windows from any toon to my main PC? "

Simple answer, no. There is no software solution I've ever seen that can do this with 3d gaming video between computers.
    WoW chars: Aboronic Phlayora Phlayorb Phlayore Abahron
    Earthen Ring - US - Alliance
    How to ask questions

Hrm. Then the "multi-computer" feature of IS/ISBoxer is limited to boxers who would be willing to work with certain windows always in a slave window?
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

Quote Originally Posted by 'Greythan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189181#pos t189181
    Hrm. Then the "multi-computer" feature of IS/ISBoxer is limited to boxers who would be willing to work with certain windows always in a slave window?
    Utilizing software such as Multiplicity or Synergy or any number of other solutions you can simply mouse to the other computers monitor and drive from there, making one client on the 2nd computer main, you have to look at a different monitor but this normally isn't a big deal. (And is in fact how hardware boxers have been doing it since they started.)
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I was running 5 clients across 2 systems with IS and it was no problem. I was also using www.inputdirector.com For sharing the mouse between the systems. I liked ID better than synergy, and it is free as well.