Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Hit 80 Sunday night, Priest got to finish a 10man Naxx clear Monday night...

I finally hit 80 on my team (yay!) and was going to start buying a few epics before doing heroics. So far I only got the 2 Revenant's pieces and valor bracers for the 2 shaman. A resto druid in my guild was in a 10man naxx run and had to leave, and asked if anyone had a healer willing to replace him. I told him I had a fresh 80 holy priest, if they were willing to let me go, and they did. All that was left up was Military Wing, Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad. I had never played the priest solo, and I had nothing on my hotbars so I quickly installed grid+clique and set up some spells in clique. 1240 spell power. 10k hp. 13k mana.

Razuvious dies.
    Loot.
    "You have earned the achievement [An Emblem of Heroism]!"
    Someone in vent: "Oh man, that's not good."

We ended up clearing the wing with 3 wipes on 4h (the healer in the back died each time, I managed to heal the front just fine.) 1-shot both Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad, and I got pants from Sapphiron. It was a lot of fun, and I keep hearing "Oh man, that's not good" in my mind :D

Default RE: Hit 80 Sunday night, Priest got to finish a 10man Naxx clear Monday night...

Quote Originally Posted by 'kadaan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=188939#post1 88939
    I had never played the priest solo, and I had nothing on my hotbars so I quickly installed grid+clique and set up some spells in clique. 1240 spell power. 10k hp. 13k mana.

Razuvious dies.
    Loot.
    "You have earned the achievement [An Emblem of Heroism]!"
    Someone in vent: "Oh man, that's not good."
    Epic tale. Vent comment cracked me up. Grats and thanks for sharing.

Knowledge + skill >> gear. Together, the three are a great combination, but if you bring the first two a raid should be happy to have you. I do know where the vent commenter is coming from, though. Joined a questionable looking Naxx25 pug last night since the reset was today and I had nothing else I wanted to work on. Gluth was up. When about 10 people died to frogger in a catastrophe of fail the first time through, I had a similar reaction.
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

Great story and grats on loot.

I can't tell you how many times in early BC I got, "The paladin is tanking? This isn't going to work" or many times, a player just left group and hearthed when they found out there was a Tankadin.

Almost without fail, the end of those pug runs ended with, "Paladin tanks FTW!"

It's a great feeling.

10khp, 13k mana

LOL! Damn I didnt know you could be that low at 80

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189812#p ost189812
    10khp, 13k mana

LOL! Damn I didnt know you could be that low at 80

WOW that is mean!!! :P

sorry I didnt mean for it to come off that way. At least they will be invited back for another run!

0 epics, mostly blues and a few greens... yeah it's possible ;).

Even with 6 epics now, I'm only at 13.7k hp and 15k mana unbuffed (Ameliora@Skywall)

I hope to have luck like that. I had to move this weekend otherwise i'd have the rest of my team at 80, so im hoping for some pugs on my priest to get her geared up, so I have one less toon to buy BoE epics for... My paladin tank isn't likely to be able to to tank much so other than guild "carry" runs my pally is on his own. (a recent guild run I was almost outdps'd by an imp...) Grats on the run!