Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Class choice: 5x shaman v.s. 4x shaman + tank

I've started leveling a 5-shaman team, which I plan to use for the usual mix of 5-mans and arenas (probably with someone else subbing in to heal for arenas). But I'm worried about the lack of a real tank for 5-man zones. From the posts in this forum (Ellay for example), I gather that shaman DPS is sufficiently hax for many zones, even heroics, given kiting and judicious use of earth elementals. But I'd like to, for purposes of fun (and I realize it would take a lot of practice), be able to run through any zone, rather than hitting a wall due to class choice.

I've heard of shamans with good gear (blues/honor/arena) being able to tank adequately, via a mix of enhance talents and the Elemental Shields talent. Is this a viable option for completing, say, heroic shattered halls? Or will there always be some zones that are off-limits?

And if I were to swap out my main for a tank, with the 4 shammies providing DPS/heal support, which tank class (warr/druid/pally) would have the best synergy with the four shammies?

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    :lol:

I think we need a Multiboxing Shaman specific forum.
    Haha yes.

/signed for this.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman

TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

DIE SHAMANS DIE!

/me PEW PEW PEW's
    Wilbur

Thanks; I thought I had looked through previous threads, but obviously missed that one.

@Mote: you're not alone anymore

What are you on Suramar? WHO ARE YOU? Tell me now.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman

I have a lvl 70 feral druid tank in some T6, and a lvl 70 shadow priest twink, along with my lvl 29 pal/4priest team. A Pally tank is the way to go when 5 boxing. concecrate is pretty much all you need to hold agro and it's alot easier to tank that way than to swipe tank. Swipe tanking on a druid is fine if you are going to single target and your just swipeing to keep the agro on you and not your healer, but if your going to chain lightning or arcane explosion spam you will rip the agro right off the druid. I've done a heroic shattered halls on both druid tanking and on my shadow priest with a pally tanking. Pallys hold aoe agro like no one else can. I Love my druid and we can tank like mad, but for anything that you would consider 5-boxing without any CC the pally is a better choice hands down.