Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Default Windows 7 + keyclone -> WoW windows crashing, and keyclone stops responding.

Installed Windows7 yesterday, because i had been using WinXP up untill then, and also had Vista64 which was shit....

So i install Windows7 to improve my performance, and benefit from the 4GB i have.

In single window mode e.g fullscreen i have no problem with WoW. Runs sweet.
    I am using the latest catalyst suite for Windows7.

When i start up my 5x windows with keyclone it all works very well up untill the point where i use PIP more than
    3-4-5 times. Then Keyclone stops responding totally. And quite often after about 2 minutes. 1 or 2 of the wow
    windows brought up by keyclone crashes.

I did a stresstest where i logged in, at a graveyard..and started spamming my PIP buttons.
    All worked fine for about 7 clicks..then there was a lag. and then when the lag was gone. Keyclone did not work anymore.
    Had to shut down all windows and manually close keyclone from the Task manager -> processes.

Anyone have similar problems with keyclone?

I am also seeing very low performance when running wow in 5x windows compared to WinXP. But this
    might be due to immature video drivers.

Bufe 8| ?(

We had the same problem with PiP and Keyclone with Windows 7 64. Another problem (not related to Keyclone I don't think) was that the main window would stop responding occasionally (only at really inconvenient times of course). Only ever the main window and incidentally almost always on Patchwerk! Unlike you, though, we found a huge performance increase with Windows 7 in general. However the PiP problem and the lockup problem forced us to abandon the experiment and move back to Vista 64.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately i found Vista64 bit to be impossible to use. 5 windows ran better on my XP.
    And with 5 windows up in Vista64 bit, when it had 4GB ram to play with, i sat with the same ammount of ram used with 5 windows in WinXP.
    So the gain of memory was poor, and there was no speed increase since Vista used disk swapping way to much.

Windows7 is very good at memory handling from what i have seen so far.
    Out of 5windows up on Windows7, i have 900MB avail physical memory.

With WinXP and Vista64 I had like 50mb free, and 1500MB of page memory used for all 5 windows combined.

Hope there will be a fix to the PIP problem fast, as i really like to use Windows7 for its memory handling.

Bufe

Did you only have this problem useing keyclones maximizer on windows 7? Im about to go to windows 7 x64 here soon and want to do all 5 accounts on one box.

yes. Only Win7.
    Although slow on Vista64....it was stable.
    But i had the best performance on WinXP, even though it used only 3gig of my 4gig memory.

So unless you have like more than 4gig memory, I, personally, would not recommend Vista64.
    It might be pretty ok if you have shitloads of memory, but for me it was giving rather poor performance.

i have Athlon AM2 6000+ cpu, and 4gig OCZ 800MHZ DDR2 memory, and 2x 3870 in crossfire.
    If you want to compare system. Running all boxed windows on a 24" LCD monitor.

In Win7's defence. When it comes to performance, nothing beats it if you want to run 1 fullscreen window.
    It's memory handling is sweet.

It is written all over these forums that 5 boxing with Vista requires the 64 bit version and minimum of 6 gb of ram. Please don't say Vista 64 is shit when you don't have the hardware to run 5 properly.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

for an operating system to demand 6GB of memory, when an older one do just fine with 3GB running the same software, well...thats shit in my book
    If you dont have anything to say, relative to the subject in the first post. Please don't post under this thread.

memory requirements (all numbers are rough, obviously):

OS - xp(500M) vista64(750M)
    wow - 500M per instance

5x wow + vista64 == 2.5G + 750M == 3.25G

keep in mind, to avoid memory thrashing you need to be BELOW 80% memory usage. therefore:

M * 0.80 = 3.25
    M == 4.06 G

so, you need at LEAST 4G of memory to run without thrashing while 5 boxing. keep in mind, as you move around the wow world, each wow instance increases its memory usage (a little, they have definitely improved on this). also, if you have a browser open, maybe winamp and an IM client, you'd want even more memory.

6G on vista64 would be a very nice fit (i'm running with 8G on my vista64 quad core at the moment)

as for issues with win7 ... i haven't loaded it on any machines yet.

drop me a PM with your email address and i'll check to see if there are any issues.

have posted you a PM.. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=188593#po st188593
    Windows 7 = Beta.

Seriously - Do not bitch about problems on a Beta OS unless they are specifically related to the OS and you are bitching to the Developer (That would be Microsoft).
    This. Windows 7 is very stable, but remember it is Beta.