Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Default 45-55 Boosting in Stratholme

If you aren't to 45 yet this is another video I just made. You need to be 45 to zone into Stratholme.
    35-45 boosting in Sunken Temple

I prefer to boost 45-55 in strat. I'll get around 3 levels an hours with RAF. The worst part of this is getting lvl 45s to the instance. The trash outside is mid 50s and you cant ride to the entrance without pulling all kinds of stuff.

The zombies inside put 2 annoying diseases on you. One is a DoT and -100% health regen for 10 mins and the other -20% movement speed for 30 mins. These aren't that big of a deal even if you don't have someone who can remove diseases. I'm this video I'm boosting 4 druids and I just heal up after each pull and don't worry about the diseases.

Watch out for the Eye of Naxxramas. They are stealthed and roam and when they see you they will summon some elites that will 1 shot your guys. After a few runs you will remember where they are and if you don't get it in a pull be very careful til it shows up.

Each run takes about 15 minutes and gives 75% of a level. You wont hit the instance limit so you can grind straight through to 55 if you want.
    This takes around 15 runs to go 45 to 55. 3.5hrs of play time.

http://www.filefront.com/14316861/strat2.mp4
    Length: 8:45
    File size: 56.2MB
    Format: MP4

edit: Also I suggest you loot all greens here as the DE into greater eternal essences and illusion dust which sells for lots on my server. 10g avg per disenchanted green.
    Last edited by Smoooth : 08-18-2009 at 09:53 PM
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

Default Strat Boosting

Cool video. It was quite enjoyable.

What addon/functionality are you using to give the BoP items to the various chars?
    Jinaria, Jineria, Jiniria
    1 Disc Priest, 2 Fire Mages
    1........10.........20.........30....35....40.........50.........60.........70.........80

nice but my personal taste in music makes me want to punch you in the face for the awful yelling crap you chose to use. personal opinion but it seems a bit like all the stupid kid PvP video's I see. We're not stupid kids in this community, let's not choose music like them XD

For some reason I could not see what was going on in either video other than the dps spam. Is it that dark when you play?

For the sunken temple. get skinning!

Good Vid. Just a couple of tips though.

LOS the casters to make group them all up so you can kill them easier and quicker. Either go around a corner or use the gates, for instance the very first pull you did, just take them all back to the starting gate and open it up and go just inside the tunnel there. Once the gate close all the casters with run to you.

Also more strafing would allow you to handle bigger pulls, although as a warrior, not having cleanse and hand of freedom that might be more annoying than it's worth.

Lastly becareful where you place your followers. Even though you may have cleared an area those damn eyes of naxxramas are everywhere and the last thing you want is to take the time to make a big pull and kill everything just to realize that you followers are all dead before the xp started rolling in and they didn't get any of it.

Yep you can pull a lot more if you strafe, I know a T7 prot paladin can pull practically the entire place in 1 go. I don't know much about warriors though.

I don't recommend looting at all unless you're desperate for gold. On my server it's maybe worth 200? 250? gold for a solid hour of grinding there, however your inventory will fill up fast so you'd spend time dealing with that in addition to the time spent looting. Not to mention the time spent tailoring, disenchanting, AHing, etc. I'd rather get the leveling out of the way as fast as possible because dailies at 80 are much better for money.

One thing I've added doing since I made this video is killing Barthilis right inside the gate. I do this by selecting the zombie/skeleton farthest away from the gate while opening it. So as it opens I charge it. I then select barthilis and give him a second or 2 then taunt him. He will aggro the whole room and you can get a blue and the key to the city out of him. You cant taunt him right away or he evades and you cant pull him towards the gate you come in or he evades to where he was running to. Just kill him right where he starts.

As for loot I just set it to master looter and pass on loot to yes. This is the first place I give out blues and I start giving out greens in Ramparts. If you boost multiple groups in here you will have more BoE shadowcraft bracers and those druid gloves than you will know what to do with. I think I ended up with literally 25 shadowcraft bracers. The shards they DE into sells so cheaply they aren't even worth it to DE. The greens however DE into eternal essences which are worth big gold. I never had a problem with my bags filling up because my shield would break first and I would go repair and DE to clear bags.

All the sections up until gates can be 1 pulled but as a warrior that can't self heal these half pulls seemed to work out the quickest in the long run.

Yes, Strat really is that dark. It's pretty annoying when you first start off in there.

The eyes of naxx where never a problem for me. After so many times through you know where they all are ecspecially if you go at the same pace each time. Every once in a while I would miss one in a pull and have to be careful until I found it. The rats that spawn in the gate traps actually gave me more trouble. Those little bastards can kill a naked toon quick.

As for the music I like alot of different styles. I know what you mean about the yelling but I guess I just have a higher threshold. Music genres that people listen to does not dirrectly correlate to age or maturity. More likely it is the environment and peers you grew up with and live in/with since. I have been exposed to all kinds of music from having been all over the world with all kinds of people. One of the only types of music I don't enjoy is country. I just cant get into listening about their ex's and their trucks. Oh and that Radiohead crap :thumbdown:

I wish I would have let an open slot on my accounts so I could redo all my videos with the experience I have gotten on the 8 or so more groups I have boosted through since. Oh well maybe I will delete some characters someday. My pally is now 80 maybe I could see how much easier it is with him.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

Ive spent many hours in Stratholme and its not that dark for me. It was my fav place to go with my old 5man group back in the day. Both your stratholme and ST vids are really dark.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Starbuck_Jones',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2078 80#post207880
    Ive spent many hours in Stratholme and its not that dark for me. It was my fav place to go with my old 5man group back in the day. Both your stratholme and ST vids are really dark.
    I'll keep that in mind next time I make a video. I found the brightness/contrast plugin for sony vegas so next time I'll make sure it's bright enough.
    10x shamans PVP

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=207877#po st207877
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Stabface',index.php?page=Thread&postID=207849#pos t207849
    Yep you can pull a lot more if you strafe, I know a T7 prot paladin can pull practically the entire place in 1 go. I don't know much about warriors though.

I don't recommend looting at all unless you're desperate for gold. On my server it's maybe worth 200? 250? gold for a solid hour of grinding there, however your inventory will fill up fast so you'd spend time dealing with that in addition to the time spent looting. Not to mention the time spent tailoring, disenchanting, AHing, etc. I'd rather get the leveling out of the way as fast as possible because dailies at 80 are much better for money.
    Bring an engineer with repair bots and a portable mailbox.
    You could, MOLL-E is an 8 hour cooldown but the scrapbots are great nevertheless (and cheap!!), since your shield breaks so fast. Still won't help out much time-wise as so much of it is spent looting and shuffling the drops around, then dealing with them later (tailor, DE, auction house, etc). I won't deny it is decent money for the extra time spent, but I prefer to just get the leveling over with as quick as possible.