Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Pally + 4 shadow priests

Hi
    Just started a new 5 box team tonight, Pally as main healer + 4 shadow spec undead priests. really just to get the pally up to catch up with my 4 shammies now parked at 35.

However, this team seames to have potential and i was wondering which of the priests spells will stack.. will the priests mana regen spells stack for unlimited mana.. And how powerful could this team become later on..

I've never played priest before, so would apreciate the feedback...

thx

There are a few posts about this on the forums. Search "priest stacking", I believe.

VT + VE Stack.

Shadow Weaving and Misery don't stack. You can only get 5 debuffs per target.
    Wilbur

It will be nice to hit shadowweaving 5 in less than 2 casts though

It's a long way off (my group is level 14 right now) but i'm still not sure how many points i'm going to spend in whadowweaving.

I'm of two thoughts on this...

1) 5/5 SW to hit a 5xstack ASAP, and basically always have the full stack up. (have 4 up before the first shadow damage because of SW:Px4 opening)

2) 3/5 SW - save a couple points on each character and only because SW will still be up in a couple casts, but this way each character gets 2 more points to spend on something else.

I'm also loving the current paladin +holy damage debuff with 4xsmite

I play a Paladin and 4x SPriests.

VE Stacks, with four priests you heal for 100% of one priests damage output. (as each debuff is for that priest, so 4 each healing for 25% of their own damage = 100% of one priests roughly).

VT will do 20% of one priests damage in mana. 5% per priest etc etc.

Misery doesn't stack. Shadowweaving stacks in a sense that 4 dots = 8% Shadowweaving so on the 2nd cast you have 10% already. And always will have 10%.

Alot of good changes are that if you hit your renew or prayer of healing or whatever, your priests pop out of shadow and cast it, no more error msgs, no more global cooldown on exiting shadowform. Totally changes the way I play a shadowpriest(s).

they did something to wands, they seem better, think they dont trigger global cooldown so if you have a 1.2 speed wand, it shoots at 1.2 speed. Shadowform buffs shadow wands and priests get 15% to wand dmg, so thats 30% if you get a really hot shadow wand, x4 thats alot of damage.

One of my biggest problems I am having right now is if my priests are all following me, and i run up to a target and i mash my mind flay key, before my priests have caught up to me and stopped moving, they will start to cast, stop and then just start running for the hills.

It is some kind of bug with follow and channeled spells though dont know if anyone else is having that issue.

Oh VE returns mana to the pally now, it didn't use to do it properly.

Overall, very fun lots of damage, a few quirks I have to work out - but am enjoying it and hey at least its not 5x shamans like everyone else is doing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    Overall, very fun lots of damage, a few quirks I have to work out - but am enjoying it and hey at least its not 5x shamans like everyone else is doing. :/
    I blame Ellay. :lol:
    Hey! I like to think I rolled shaman "before it was cool" too.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Oh crap the shamans are going to beat me!

Hey I came here coz of XBox's videos and started out with Shaman, hell I may end up going back to Shaman so I"ll just stay quiet.

*hides*

/casts Mind Control