Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Tag Boosting

Default Tag Boosting

Well it appears there is a name for what I am and have been doing, and what I claim is, at least for a 26 (now 30) boxer, the fastest way to level.

What I have been doing is tag boosting. Characters are about the same level (i.e. the mobs are not grey to anyone). The group being boosted tags, and the other 21 or whatever help with the kill.

http://noobding.blogspot.com/2008/09...-to-level.html

This guy, who is aware of instance boosting and questing, claims that tag boosting is the fastest way to level. And he is talking about a "few friends" to help, not the 21 "friends" that I have, and I even kinda out-do him cause I am doing it "aoe style" where mobs allow. AND I get group bonus ... (because I apply what works with one character and one booster to one group and 4 other booster groups).

He's not talking raf but all my guys being "boosted" get raf (well they used to lol) so ...

Obviously this is of no value to 5 boxers, even though he is doing it with 2 characters, but when you hit about 10 or more then ....

Used to work if you played 5 characters. Go inside an instance.. drop 4 people.. tag with one.. kill etc re-invite.

I thought they changed all of this though, guess not. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kayley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186356#post1 86356
    Used to work if you played 5 characters. Go inside an instance.. drop 4 people.. tag with one.. kill etc re-invite.

Doing that in an instance will get you banned - doing it outside an instance is still OK as far as I know though.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

There is no fancy name for what you are doing and it is extremely slow as evidenced by the fact it takes you half a year to get to 40 with RAF. You are just grinding. Tag boosting is when you tag something and others kill it so you can get faster xp, what you are doing is killing it yourself, there is nothing even remotely slick about using 26 characters to kill a mob.
    glo.......80 Prot Pal.....deathglo....80 DK..................
    globee...80 Ele Sham...deafvader..80 DK....Alliance side..
    glocee...80 Ele Sham...darfvader...80 DK...LightningHoof..
    glodee...80 Ele Sham...sithknight..80 DK.......................
    glostyle..80 Res Sham..deathvader.80 DK........................

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hachoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186359#post1 86359
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kayley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186356#post1 86356

Doing that in an instance will get you banned - doing it outside an instance is still OK as far as I know though.
    There we go ;D
    Shows how long ago I did it :whistling:

Did'nt the first player to get to 80 get banned for doing this? They had a guild backing him up?
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gadzooks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186375#pos t186375
    Did'nt the first player to get to 80 get banned for doing this? They had a guild backing him up?
    yup, that he did.
    Rogues are the hyperactive bastard children of WoW.
    "MOAR SUGAR NAOW!" = Haste

Death knight team at =71
    Shamans = 57(Semi-Retired)

Alliance Nagrand(oceanic)

tag boosting involves very geared characters quickly mowing down either giant packs of mobs or elite mobs (in instances). At various times (mostly pre-TBC) you could actually level to 60 in under 10 hours if you were determined enough, via jumping in and out of parties in instances. Most of the ways got nerfed over a number of patches (totems, hunter/warlock pets, dropping/rejoining groups, etc), but you used to be able to get for example 5k xp/mob in instances so you can imagine that adds up fast. Athene is the most famous example of tag boosting during WOTLK launch, he and his crew got temp banned and rolled back from 79 to 70 for tag-boosting in instances.

At either rate the point of tag boosting was to level up insanely fast, 1-70 in a day or two -- given that its been six months for you to reach level 45, I'm pretty sure what you are doing is far from tag boosting 8o 8o 8o

Another way thats faster, get a 80 lock/hunter pets to kill the mobs for you, you get 100% of the xp.

Youre way you will only get a % of the xp becuse you dident do all the dmg, so rly its faster just by doing it in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gadzooks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186375#pos t186375
    The first player to get to 79 was doing it, they never made it to 80 ;)
    glo.......80 Prot Pal.....deathglo....80 DK..................
    globee...80 Ele Sham...deafvader..80 DK....Alliance side..
    glocee...80 Ele Sham...darfvader...80 DK...LightningHoof..
    glodee...80 Ele Sham...sithknight..80 DK.......................
    glostyle..80 Res Sham..deathvader.80 DK........................