Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Questions about triple-box leveling

I have a small amount of experience with multiboxing. Before WOTLK came out, I dual-boxed a few characters to around level 30 out of boredom, however at that point I was quite tired of leveling, having just leveled a warrior from 1-70, alone, in just under 2 months. I am now ready to give this another try, but I want to be more efficient with it. I am mostly looking to get myself more high level classes to play with, as well as getting my girlfriend an 80 so she will stop getting mad at me as often :-P

First of all, from reading, it seems that all three accounts will need to be under my name to avoid getting banned. I would really prefer to have one account under my girlfriends name so that she could transfer one of the characters to her main account later on. I realize that this is probably not possible, however, which is just something she will have to deal with unless someone has a suggestion for this.

Secondly, when I dualboxed, I tried two characters of the same class (two warlocks and two mages), as well as two characters of different classes (a druid and a shaman). It was much easier to do two of the same class, however I was managing pretty well with two different classes, it was just hard controlling a melee character and a range character at the same time since the druid wasn't high enough level to be a moonkin yet. The classes I would like to level this go around are pretty much any mixture of the following: shaman, druid, paladin, hunter - in order of most preferred to least preferred. I do not mind having two of the same class, but I would prefer to have at least 1 different class if I decided to level three same-level characters.

-------

My main question is this: Would it be faster and more efficient to level three same-level characters, using RaF, lets say...two shamans and a druid, through quests; or, would it be better to level two same-level characters of any class and use my current level 80 Death Knight as my third class to do all the real work, and just have the low level characters tag along to leech XP. If the first option, with three low-level characters is best, which of these group makeups would be best: druid/shaman/shaman OR shaman/hunter/hunter OR druid/hunter/hunter. (I intend to level the paladin using the RaF bonus levels.)

If the second option of using my 80 Death Knight to level two lowbies is best (which would not really use RaF as far as I can tell, because wouldn't having a level 80 in the group negate the RaF effects? I'm really unclear on this aspect so please let me know.), would it be better to go back and do the low level quests using my DK to kill everything, or would it be better to grind through instances over and over, once again, using my DK to kill everything.

Sorry for the wall of text above, but I have many questions.

Default Tri boxing

Im pretty new to this myself but im guessing if you had your DK in the party of 3 the triple xp would be negated for the other characters.

Fastest would be getting boosted off a person who is not linked to the accoutns i believe , such as a friend or you could level them up through just questing ( i beleive theres a guide somewhere to maximise RAF levellign when multiboxing).