Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Account name changes !

Just thought i would share, after all the crap with bans and stuff i finnaly decided to go to blizzard to get to try and fix my account names.

So by the end of the day I was able to shift my wifes account she plays on (with her character) that had MY name, to hers.. and my account who had her name on it, to mine.
    I also had one super fake name that i had changed to my real name on another account today.

So all in all ! No more worrying about getting hit with a ban hamma for something stupid. But I thought i would let people know, name changes can be done. But don't think you wont be proving everything under the sun to ensure that its yours.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Default RE: Account name changes !

What sort of stuff did you need to provide to get the registerd name changed to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Iceorbz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186152#post 186152
    Just thought i would share, after all the crap with bans and stuff i finnaly decided to go to blizzard to get to try and fix my account names.

So by the end of the day I was able to shift my wifes account she plays on (with her character) that had MY name, to hers.. and my account who had her name on it, to mine.
    I also had one super fake name that i had changed to my real name on another account today.

So all in all ! No more worrying about getting hit with a ban hamma for something stupid. But I thought i would let people know, name changes can be done. But don't think you wont be proving everything under the sun to ensure that its yours.
    Rogues are the hyperactive bastard children of WoW.
    "MOAR SUGAR NAOW!" = Haste

Death knight team at =71
    Shamans = 57(Semi-Retired)

Alliance Nagrand(oceanic)

For these it was photo copys of both id's showing name and pictures, they had physicall speak to my wife where they confirmed all secret question's and answers on the account, she asked me characters where there on the accounts we 'owned', standard wow cd keys for all accounts.

Orginally she kept persisting that she wasn't going to do it, but being the persistent person I am, thats a fairly unacceptable answer as im a firm believer in the customer is always right. As long as the things your doing really arn't hurting the company, the wife and I playing on the others account really doesn't hurt them, she had signed up mine, I had signed up hers. But anyways, I ended up letting her know I wanted to speak to a supervisor and then she aquired further direction from her supervisor in how to handle it.

The whole time they were doing this, they never promised to change it.. only to take it into consideration, but honestly what are you going to do ? Close the accounts ? no way. But i had gotten the email tonight and was pretty happy.

Hello,

F/L names on accounts updated.

Sincerely,

Charli M
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Billing and Account Services
    Http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account

So finnaly I don't feel so criminal for a slight over looking of who was signing up what account when we first started playing lol.

Shaman FTL Setup -

wow congrats
    :thumbsup:
    Smart like tractor

what about the fake name?
    ("\(O.o)/") rawr!!

Quote Originally Posted by 'jettzypher',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186197#p ost186197
    what about the fake name?
    Also changed to match my current information, they only asked for the cd keys for the account with a fake name.
    I might add that the name was totaly made up (and 100% clear of that lol) not to many people have a name like omgzdunbanthisone

Would prolly be a different story if it was like Frank Scott or some crap ya know?

Shaman FTL Setup -

hmmm....thanks
    ("\(O.o)/") rawr!!

yeah this happened me about a week after i started. I just post a webform to update account info then phoned them an hour later to fast track it not really a hard job and saves a ban.
    (Shaman x4, Paladin)
    �mg-
    p�w-p�w-p�w-p�w (Lvl-80)
    Talnivarr-eu

heroics down: Gundrak(19/4/09), DTK(19/4/09), Utgarde Keep(23/4/09)