Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22

[quote='Kromtor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=18664 3#post186643][quote='Frosty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186221 #post186221]There are also "Collections" that are built from items that have the glowie "?" floating on the ground...while these are good for AA's they are going to be VERY hard to do on multiple accounts. Just pick them up if you see them, and pass them through your group as needed when time permits.
    [/quote]*gun to head*
    *brain explosion*[/quote]

But wait! There's more! There's also Page quests which work like the ? quests, but use ! instead! Some of these pages are not tradable, so to complete them, you will have to pick them up only on the toon that needs said page. And some of those are used for things like [url='http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Kunark:_A_Mysterious_Red_Tome']A Mysterious Red Tome[/url], which is required for learning the Di'Zok language, which is required for certain quests {The completed tome ALSO gives you another quest}.

*cackle*

It's not too bad, though. EQ2maps mod + EQ2Wikia make this less painful.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

But wait! There's more!
    Book quests - a quest where everytime time you complete a step, you have to dig through your inventory trying to find the same book again to 'read' through till the next 'page'

Save your sanity - Don't pick up book quests and tbth - leave the ? collections

In the past, it was very helpful to do the 'expert' ? collection quests (either requiring mega-time to find the items or mega pps to buy off ah) especially for the main tank as one of the more choice helms to get was the Sallet of the Reet Knight - which was considered by many to be the 'must have' helm for non-raiders - BUT - now we have TSO and the sallet is pretty tame compared to adv shard helms

TBH I haven't looked at the TSO rare collection rewards - may be worth a look to see if anything jumps out

If you think about it - ? collections are a huge time-sink - either in time or pps - Personally, I tend to only grab a collection if it's straight infront of me and I'm in a dungeon and the only reason I do this is because the more rarer dungeon items sels for a fair few pps - other than that I don't bother

If you really have a burning desire to do the ? collections - then I would honestly limit it to only one character and I personally would buy most of the stuff required off the AH - be prepared though - collection items are now shown to all your characters when on lotto - so you will be in for a lot of clicking before the item is given to your choosen character

Totally agree with Khatovar comments about requiring 'some' page quests to learn languages and complete quests - these page quests are normally required to complete your fabled/epic class weapon and some really tasty fabled jewelry like the Thuuga quest series

Off the top of my head, besides the red tome, there's the Mysterious Black Tome which is used for something important which I have totally forgotten atm - think it was one of the class items