Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Ok some more questions

1. Why level lock? From what I read you can do grey quests for AAxp.

2. What I ment when I said questing is hard, is that it's a pain to have to click through 6 windows to do them. If you have to do a collection quest (I'm assuming its like WoW here) then you'd have to collect 6 x as many items? So in that regard, questing is a pain and I'd rather grind...but then theres the AA deal so...really if I can make it easy then I'd love to quest. It just seems like a lot of clicking around.

3. I wasn't able to find any slash command to accept a shared quest. I tried q_accept_pending_quest and on or two others from this link but I couldn't find anything else that looked like it.

The WC thing. Mainly it's for fun. My first time through EQ2 (level 62 necro), I had trouble getting groups so I didn't see a lot of content. I think this is one of the reasons a lot of people box.

I think I'm farily satisfied with the class layout atm. Betraying the wiz to warlock will technically waste a little time but I hear it's not that bad. My ultimate concern right now is AAxp. I'm going to look up a good quest leveling guide and see how it goes with the 6 box.

My macros are still developing. Right now I have: button 2 (single target tank abilites, single target damage), button 3 (tank and dps aoe), button 4 (single target heals auto targeting tank), button 5 (aoe heals when I get them), F12 (invites all my boxes, accepts invites, auto follow, and soon to have accept shared quest if I can find it). I use Innerspace and ISboxer suite.

Oh and here are my computer specs.

Vista 64

Radeon HD 4870 X2

4 gig RAM

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4ghz

10k RPM Western Digital HDD and a 1 TB for storage

2 moniters with the 5 boxes on the second moniter

edit - bam and bam

Quote Originally Posted by Smokar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186162#post18 6162]1. Why level lock? From what I read you can do grey quests for AAxp. [/quote]
    The Wiki link at the top of the page still links to the old wiki. I'm not sure when they are going to update it.
    But, check out the section on AA's here: [url]http://www.dual-boxing.com/mediawiki/index.php/Everquest_II[/url]

[quote]2. What I ment when I said questing is hard, is that it's a pain to have to click through 6 windows to do them. If you have to do a collection quest (I'm assuming its like WoW here) then you'd have to collect 6 x as many items? So in that regard, questing is a pain and I'd rather grind...but then theres the AA deal so...really if I can make it easy then I'd love to quest. It just seems like a lot of clicking around. [/quote]
    There are a few collection quest that require each toon to loot a static item..but most of the quests I've done, automatically loot the needed item for all toons when you kill the mob they drop from. This makes it MUCH faster then collection quests in WoW.

There are also "Collections" that are built from items that have the glowie "?" floating on the ground...while these are good for AA's they are going to be VERY hard to do on multiple accounts. Just pick them up if you see them, and pass them through your group as needed when time permits.

[quote] 3. I wasn't able to find any slash command to accept a shared quest. I tried q_accept_pending_quest and on or two others from [url='http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12455
    this link[/url] but I couldn't find anything else that looked like it.
    I have just been using Windowsnapper from Innerspace to swap over and click..it's so fast I hardly notice clicking on things with slave toons.
    What software are you using to box with?
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Smokar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186162#post1 86162
    3. I wasn't able to find any slash command to accept a shared quest. I tried q_accept_pending_quest and on or two others from this link but I couldn't find anything else that looked like it.
    I tried out a bunch of stuff today and had no luck with accepting quests either. There is this command "explicit_confirm_offer_quest" but I had no luck with it. It seems to require a few other things I couldn't seem to get right..but then again, it may not be for accepting quests at all. :P
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

I can not seem to get innerspace to resize the Windows and 'windowsnap" them.. I have to over lap them and use keyclone for broadcasting. I followed the two videos, but no luck. I am missing something? I think one thing might be not knowing what to call my "virtual files" Like in WoW I named them Shesham.wtf.blablabla and it worked.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lyonheart',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186376#po st186376
    I can not seem to get innerspace to resize the Windows and 'windowsnap" them.. I have to over lap them and use keyclone for broadcasting. I followed the two videos, but no luck. I am missing something? I think one thing might be not knowing what to call my "virtual files" Like in WoW I named them Shesham.wtf.blablabla and it worked.
    Just wanted to check before I try to "help"; Are you using ISboxer for Innerspace?

Also, I forget, how many toons are you running with?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Frosty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186413#post1 86413
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Lyonheart',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186376#po st186376
    Just wanted to check before I try to "help"; Are you using ISboxer for Innerspace?

Also, I forget, how many toons are you running with?
    Yes, I have set up WoW with ISboxer and innerspace before. Just cant seem to get it to work with EQ2 ( or lotr for that matter) as far as window resizing and PiPing. Using 6 acnts
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Have you tried it yet without using Keyclone?

What are you running first, keyclone or Innerspace?

Here's how I set up my Innerspace:

I’m using build #21 (Beta Build) of ISBoxer..just in case there are some differences in what we both see.

Since you are only having problems with windowsnapper I’m going to assume the following in ISBoxer:
    1. You have your 6 Characters set up with the Game and Game Profile.
    2. You have your Character Set with the Slots filled, hotkey for the window and CPU Cores all set.

This is how I set mine up under the Window Layouts:

1. Add a new layout and name it:
    2. On the main window (the name you just gave it on the left menu) you should see “Main region switch” as the title.
      I leave most of these alone, BUT, you want to make sure you have “Slave” regions Always On Top checked. EQ2 seems to require it.
    3. On the Regions section, this is where you setup the actual layout of the windows to “snap”. I’m only running 1 monitor right now with 6 windows down the right side. To get this, I clicked the AutoLayout button and selected:
      I will have 6 sessions
      I want inactive windows along the Right
      I want session 1 to have its own inactive slot is checked.
    4. Hit ok, and your windows should all be set.
    5. I’m not sure if you have to do this, but I always drag my character set down into this window too.
    6. Once you have the windows setup you might try taking a look at Repeater Profiles. This lets you send the keystrokes to all the windows. I just run with a Whitelist and select the keys I want to allow through..save this and drag it up to your Character Set tab.
    7. Click on the top menu tree item “ISBoxer” then do a Save As for this template..this way you can load it again and make changes whenever you want.
    8. Now – from this same view, in the left hand menu under “ISBoxer ToolKit” you should see “Inner Space”. Click that and hit the Export all to Inner Space button.
    9. Close ISBoxer, and run InnerSpace. Right click the icon in your tray and go to “ISBoxer Character Sets ŕ <name of your Character Set>

Give that a shot and let me know. Good Luck!

[quote='Frosty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186316 #post186316][quote='Smokar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186162 #post186162]3. I wasn't able to find any slash command to accept a shared quest. I tried q_accept_pending_quest and on or two others from this link but I couldn't find anything else that looked like it. [/quote]I tried out a bunch of stuff today and had no luck with accepting quests either. There is this command "explicit_confirm_offer_quest" but I had no luck with it. It seems to require a few other things I couldn't seem to get right..but then again, it may not be for accepting quests at all. :P[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that "q_accept_pending_quest" is actually for toggling the "So and so has accepted your quest "Questname" chatter in your window. I could get it to accept a true arguement, so near as I can guess, that's just a way to make it less spammy. I just don't think that have a command enabled for it, which sucks.

You can try [url='http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4824-AcceptDeclineQuestsusingEnterEscape.html']this mod[/url] I guess. But it's not ever been updated and I've not tested it myself, so I have no idea if it works, if it ever worked, or if it will just screw up a bunch of other stuff. I downloaded it to take a look at the code to see if I could dissect it for a command to work with, but I know about as much about code as I do about canine dentistry. Which is to say, nothing.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by 'Frosty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186221#post1 86221
    There are also "Collections" that are built from items that have the glowie "?" floating on the ground...while these are good for AA's they are going to be VERY hard to do on multiple accounts. Just pick them up if you see them, and pass them through your group as needed when time permits.
    *gun to head*
    *brain explosion*
    1 DK + 4 Ret Pallies
    2500+ Season 7 solo 5's team on Shadowburn
    18 Shieldpocs + 6 Basi + 2 T3 Boosters in Eve Rig Pics & Info

Quote Originally Posted by 'Khatovar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=186635#pos t186635
    I just don't think that have a command enabled for it, which sucks.
    After accepting several kill X quests last night, I'm starting to think there is a good reason for not having an Accept Quest button.

I had been blindly clicking Accept quickly by swapping through the windows and clicking..but I started to noticed that some quests seem to be giving out random jobs.
    So far it looks like it's all of the "We need to clean up/reduce population/get revenge on type quests. One toon was asked to kill Lions, others were giving things like Griffons, gnolls, bears..etc etc.

You can delete the quest and accept it again until you get everyone on the same type of mob..but even then, the number of kills varies.