Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 29

Default Newb w/ a dream.

Hey guys. First time poster, long time admirer. I have been looking at dualboxing from afar since ive heard about it, and I've come to a conclusion. I want more. 10 accounts? chump change. I am highly interested in knowing if it is substantially possible to roll 100 accounts. I have the money, and I have the gaming experience. I just need the know-how. With our powers combined, I can make history (I think, I've never heard of someone rolling more then 10 accounts.) So here's a list of questions:

1)Can I get a bulk discount on the software? xD

2)Is this at all possible with the current software?

3)In theory, could this even work? Or will I need 10 new pairs of arms?

4)Will a dedicated T1 line fill my connectivity needs, or should I upgrade to a fractional DS3 connection?

5)Is there a way to work in different class's/spec's so that they can all work together?

6)Anything I should know before taking this venture? Like... investing in some heavy drugs to relieve the stress this might ensue?

in thoery it will work but u may find yourself sticking to certain classes that work well together. and if your computer well if you plan on really doing this computer (s) !!. were u get cheap computers from :P

[align=center]Shaman 40
    Shaman 39
    [/align]

Oh lord, this is going to drive Sam nuts.

Have to ask the proverbial question: what is your goal? Why 100? (or any other number)

I would start off small first. It will probably be ALOT more work than you realize
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

The other thing to consider - is what exactly are you going to do with the 100 characters?

You might want to raid cities, but dungeons are 5 man, raids are 10 and 25 man.

If it's something you want to do go for it.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

well, right now Im running 12 alx x58's, fully decked in my lab. Im plannng on getting more because more and more people keep showing up to play on them lol. and why 100? Because 100 is really setting the bar. I dont just want to ruin some poor guys chance of killing me. I want him to run in fear of my incoming army of insanity. So ya, thats essentially why 100. I want an army.

Default RE: Newb w/ a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by 'inebriated',index.php?page=Thread&postID=184783#p ost184783
    1)Can I get a bulk discount on the software? xD
    You can use HotkeyNet for this. It's free.

2)Is this at all possible with the current software?
    I think HotkeyNet can handle this without trouble, but I don't know for sure since nobody has told me that they've tested with this many PCs and windows.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by 'inebriated',index.php?page=Thread&postID=184856#p ost184856
    well, right now Im running 12 alx x58's, fully decked in my lab. Im plannng on getting more because more and more people keep showing up to play on them lol. and why 100? Because 100 is really setting the bar. I dont just want to ruin some poor guys chance of killing me. I want him to run in fear of my incoming army of insanity. So ya, thats essentially why 100. I want an army.
    where is your lab? i'd like to visit. gives me time away from the wifey. lol

btw. i think 25 is a nice solid number. you can do five groups of five plus tackle any 25 man content. i think you would get less "omg why the hell 100? he cant do anything with 100!!" try 25 and do all the 25 mans. it would have a bit more punch.

iv been doing some thinkning and no way could you do this. you would need be using atleast 3 ISP's because of the connection you will need. also you can only go upto like 45 accounts

[align=center]Shaman 40
    Shaman 39
    [/align]