ISBoxer recently got a new feature that helps both focus-based and FTL-based configurations. Using FTL has been implemented for a while, and the hard part has been writing the actual WoW macros. Now, mapped keys can be coupled to a WoW Macro right through ISBoxer Toolkit. ISBoxer Toolkit will generate a WoW Addon to create the macros (any number of invisible macros up to 1023 characters, similar to Macaroon and other macro addons), and set WoW key bindings (using overrides, so you can keep your real LB button instead of replacing it with a macro, and your existing WoW key bindings will still be there when you're not multiboxing) to the keystroke set to send to the character, when launching that character via an ISBoxer character set. The right macros are automatically created and bound per character depending on the character set (technical note: this is done by using different virtual files, like an application-level symlink, a feature that has been long used to use a different config.wtf file per character -- this is not some new feature in Inner Space to read game memory to determine which character is loaded or making the Addon communicate with Inner Space).

When creating the macros through ISBoxer, you can select options to make the macro target or assist the Hot Character (the one you're playing), and it will automatically generate the additional macro lines to apply FTL, and also optionally restore the target afterward. The generated macro lines will be self-aware, so the same macro can be used on the hot character as the others for, say, casting Lightning Bolt.

Example: Creating a macro for lightning bolt, I would type "/cast Lightning Bolt" in the commands box, check a box to apply FTL or Focus targeting, select assist or target, and check another box to restore the target afterward.

As far as Focus-based setups go, the macros for setting the Focus character can be automatically generated by checking a box per character.

Now I can switch in a different character to that slot, and when exporting again, the new Focus macro will be generated for that character instead of the old one, or the FTL conditions will be updated with the new character, so there's no hassle in using a different character than the one originally configured. (You know, like having to go manually edit a bunch of macros to /focus a different character or change the characters in all the FTL conditions)

Suffice it to say, I've gotten rid of every macro I ever created in the game itself, and if I wanted to switch to using FTL instead of focus, it would take me all of a few minutes to check some boxes and perhaps change some key bindings for the macros instead of trying to follow confusing guides and spending hours getting it right. Configuring a new set of characters should take all of 15 minutes (once you're familiar with how things work), even complicated ones.

Video showing WoW macro configuration, for both Focus and FTL:
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ11sP2EE8
If you haven't watched the ISBoxer Overview videos, parts 1 and 2, it might help you follow along:
* Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3-Pr3_3AU
* Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqLMBhoMQI