Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

I use a system that only "assists" when the current target is either friendly, dead or empty (i.e., no target). This way I can mash an attack button and my DPS will continually attack their current target. Once dead, they then look to assist "party1" to acquire the next target. I like this as it allows my main (Paladin) to change targets freely without my DPS following. If I do want to switch targets mid-fight, I simply clear the current target for all windows (i.e., ESC) and resume mashing my DPS button.

Example, my frost mage primary DPS macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip frostbolt
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast icy veins
    /castrandom [exists,harm,nodead] frostbolt, summon water elemental
    /stopmacro [exists,harm,nodead]
    /assist party1
    From the video it looks like I either a) have to set up a discreet assist button or b) embed an assist function without the harm/exists/nodead check.

Without testing, would it work if I put the first six lines of the above macro in the macro window and then added a checkbox to the "but first" box?
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

Well, technically you can paste your macro in the commands box as-is, and without checking the "But first" box, it will not be modified... but I assume that's not what you're getting at.

The targeting options as currently implemented are going to either a) inject [target=focus] or [target=focustarget] into applicable commands, or b) put /assist or /target at the beginning of the macro, and then at the end of the macro it may put /stopmacro and /targetlasttarget as needed.

So as to what I think you do want, which is to assist the Hot character instead of always party1.. I've been working on adding a feature to the WoW Macro generator, there's some details in the "Coming Soon" part of the ISBoxer page, but your scenario gave me an idea of a couple things to add real quick. So here's what I think your macro would look like:

Code:
    #showtooltip frostbolt
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast icy veins
    /stopmacro [exists,harm,nodead]
    {ASSISTHOTCHARACTER}
    What will happen is {ASSISTHOTCHARACTER} will be replaced when the macro is generated for the game, either to "/assist focus" if not using FTL, or "/assist [ftlstuff]toon;[ftlstuff]toon;[ftlstuff]toon" if using FTL. Additionally I've added {TARGETHOTCHARACTER}, which translates to /target focos or /targetexact <ftl>, and {FTL} which translates to the FTL sequence e.g. [ftlstuff]toon;[ftlstuff]toon;[ftlstuff]toon -- hopefully people dont try to start using THAT on every line (the character limit is 1023).

Does that sound more like what you wanted? Slightly more advanced than checking the boxes I know, but would allow you to put the assist anywhere you like
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Exactly Lax and what I had envisioned, but communicated poorly.

I really don't know how folks don't use a system that functions like mine. Trying to get aggro on an add or targeting the next mob in a sequence seems severly ganked if everytime you swich your main's target, your DPS follows. Like I said, the only thing I haven't yet optimized is an easier way to switch my DPS target when the current target is still alive. What I do now is simply hit F1 (which passes to all windows and, as you'd expect, "targets self") and resume smashing my DPS button. (Voila, new target acquired and DPS starts burning it down.)

EDIT: I'm purely a PVE guy so far thus my needs to switch mains has been few and far between. However, I'd gladly switch to a FTL system for the inevitable PVP itch and for those rare occassions (will be less rare as I venture into Heroic dungeons) where my main goes down.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

I'm purely a PVE guy so far thus my needs to switch mains has been few and far between.
    I find it invaluable for collection quests as far as PVE goes, but yeah I generally PVE so far but am on a PVP server and have been known to enter the bg's (Ruin battlegroup). I need to get some tanks levelled up so I can gear up my shamans through heroics now that they're 80 though :cursing: I'm severely outgeared in PVP

Anyway, the new feature I mentioned I was working on is now completed, available and fully documented with examples on the ISBoxer page (specifically in the World of Warcraft Game-specific Help page, under Advanced macro functionality). Now I can get rid of that pesky Invite macro I still have lingering in the game client and use my universal invite macro (one of the examples). That's the last one!
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by 'Greythan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=183269#pos t183269
    I really don't know how folks don't use a system that functions like mine. Trying to get aggro on an add or targeting the next mob in a sequence seems severly ganked if everytime you swich your main's target, your DPS follows. Like I said, the only thing I haven't yet optimized is an easier way to switch my DPS target when the current target is still alive. What I do now is simply hit F1 (which passes to all windows and, as you'd expect, "targets self") and resume smashing my DPS button. (Voila, new target acquired and DPS starts burning it down.)
    I have two bar spots I set aside for /click. I replace the slots with a macro that always does an assist, or one that doesn't do the assist for more PvE related tasks. In the second case I manually hit the assist macro to change targets. It lets me reconfig easily enough and I like that if I change mains, i.e. tank dies, I still can hit the target key and get the new mains target.

- Souca -
    This space for rent.

You know, just the other day I was going to ask Jamba to see if she/he could implement a way to have it store macros for the toons. Or make it to where when you have Jamba find the toons, it will give you a series of boxes to check to give orders as to who is the Main, and who is following who/assisting/ ect. Then it would make the macro in either FTL or Focus. It could also have pre setups for toons, Like:

Shaman:
    Elemental -
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    /cast Chain Lightning

But you can select which toon does what and assign what hotkey it goes to.
    Basically just a lot of options to setup your group based on what you want each toon to assist/follow/cast, then it would make the macros according to the options you picked..

I don't much remember where I came across the post, but there was someone on here that was posting a program, or showing it in the early development processes of making macros for toons and having it store them and allowing you to use them on multiple toons so that can go between different groups. It had other features, but the program seemed interesting.

But it seems that Lax has already solved most of that problem.

Thanks mate, I will dive into it and see what it can do for me.
    A good fight is never clean.

(5Boxing Several sets of toons)

Default add macro section

Hello I have an idea that would be helpful.

I would like to see a way to store my macros in ISBOXER for fast adding,editing and retrieving of macro when seting up team.

Have them in one section to store. then in the ingame macro inporter have a dropdown menu with the macro

This looks nice. From what I understand you need Innerspace + IS boxer to do this. I use keyclone right now and have been wanting to try out innerspace. The mouse broadcasting for aoe was the main reason. Now you have FTL setup without all the eye bleeding macro writing. It looks like keyclones days are numbered for me.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Rated Arena Member

I got the 7-day trial and I got fully set up and running with FTL in about 30-45mins, mostly spent watching all the videos hehe.

Wow, I watched all 3 videos and I am seriously considering playing again, lol. Damn you Lax!!!