Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default New Install of Vista 64 and Random Blue Screen Crashes - Please offer help if you can

HI all,

I was able to get Vista64 up and running on my system over the last couple of nights. I have all available BIOS and SPacks installed along with most current Raid and MB drivers.

I'm now experiencing quite a few Blue Screen Crashes...hardware is as follows;

XFX Ultra790sli MB
    Corsair 1600DDR3 memory (voltage set at 1.8v per tech phone calls with both XFX and Corsair)
    Twin Seagate (new vert technology drives) in Raid0 format
    EVGA 8800GT 1gb Video Card

As I stated above, I've made every effort to download and install the newest drivers and flash the BIOS. If anyone has had similar problems or can offer any helpful suggestions, please do.

Thank you kindly as always.
    (Paladin) - Level 80 - Halestoarm - Wildhammer US PVP
    4 x (Shamans) - Level 80 - Imprue Impiper Imphoebe Impaige "The Charmed Ones"

Am I the only who thinks 1.8v for DDR3 is excessive? O.O Aren't most Corsair DDR3 1600 rated for 1.65v?
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU
    Level 96 Unholy Deathknight - Unholy Deathknight
    Level 90 Protection Paladin - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Restoration Shaman
    Level 71-76 Guardian Druid - Frost Mage - Destruction Warlock - Beast Mastery Hunter - Discipline Priest

I'm willing to try anything at this point. I called Corsair and XFX on Friday afternoon. Corsair looked up my MB and instructed me to run it at 1.8v's....

Is there any inherent danger of dropping the voltage? I'll drop it to 1.65 and see if it helps and report back later. It's basically happening after about 5-10mins of 5 wows in Icecrown or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by 'knopstr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=182106#post 182106
    I'm willing to try anything at this point. I called Corsair and XFX on Friday afternoon. Corsair looked up my MB and instructed me to run it at 1.8v's....

Is there any inherent danger of dropping the voltage? I'll drop it to 1.65 and see if it helps and report back later. It's basically happening after about 5-10mins of 5 wows in Icecrown or wherever.
    Shouldn't be any danger by running them at too low voltage. Does the BSOD happens when you just run 1 WoW?
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU
    Level 90 Protection Paladin - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Restoration Shaman
    Level 71-76 Guardian Druid - Frost Mage - Destruction Warlock - Beast Mastery Hunter - Discipline Priest

No.

Try to monitor the GPU temps when you have 5x WoW open.
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU

how old is the 8800? Might be getting on and tired, also might be a heat problem. How's the case cooling?
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

The Video Card is about 9mos old. I have a 120mm fan at the front of the antec cage directing air towards the back across the 2 hd's in the middle of the front...there's another fan mid-tower blowing air towards the back which has it's own fan on the rear of the case. I have a Zalman fan on the processor and another 120mm fan directing air up and out of the case at the top. The PSupply is on the bottom with it's own fan. My point being that I feel like I have more than adequate fan support over and through this case.

Within the $400 range....tell me what Video Adaptor to buy and I'll swap mine out and try it. Please suggest which and why....

Thank you kindly.

Ok...with 1 wow running (I went away for a dinner break) it hung my whole system up...sigh...suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 'knopstr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=182128#post 182128
    Ok...with 1 wow running (I went away for a dinner break) it hung my whole system up...sigh...suggestions?
    Did you try monitoring temperature? Also, how big is your PSU and what brand?
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU