Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default New WoW Specific Multiboxing Software

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE. See Large RED text below.

-Fur

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to come by and make a post about a program I've been using for the past 3 months now while playing World of Warcraft.
    I just wanted to start out by saying that this program is completely legal and does not do anything to harm your account whatsoever. This
    program is similar to KeyClone but is geared towards World of Warcraft. It's purpose is to make multiboxing in World of Warcraft easily manageable
    and more enjoyable.

Let me start out by giving a little background. I've played just about every major online MMO. The one game I started multi boxing with was EverQuest.
    In EverQuest I played about 5 characters, and I did it the hard way, by manually playing each one without the use of software or hardware.
    I then went to EverQuest II where I created and distributed a piece of software called Extreme Crafting, which I later sold to the creator of
    Macro Crafter (due to real life obligations).

I then ended up at World of Warcraft. I currently 3 box. My current setup is one priest on my main pc, one mage on my laptop, and a druid minimized on
    my main pc.

What the software does is, it allows you to map key combinations on the main PC and have them sent to the other PCs OR screens (whether they are minimized
    or in the background). You can set the keys to be repeatable, meaning that if you have a nuke macro setup as a mage, you can simply press the hotkey
    and it'll repeat at a set delay until you press it again.
    You can also have combinations that are sent to multiple "hosts" (computers or screens).

The software is new and is based off of an engine I wrote for Extreme Crafting over two years ago. It's completely safe and completely legal as this
    software is geared at making it easier for you to play multiple characters at the same time.

The website is brand new and is an open forum. The software, currently, is free. Just simply download it and click "Demo" and you'll be good to go.

Please post on the forums if you have any questions.

<link removed>

Thanks and happy multi boxing!!

-WoW Multi

To everyone who reads this topic: BE WARNED!

I'm afraid I don't trust your software, because:
    - There's no real content on your website besides the download.
    - The website is a forum, not a real website.
    - This is your first post on the forum and you're offering people an executable file.
    - There are absolutely no specific details about your software.
    - "What the software does is, it allows you to map key combinations on the main PC and have them sent to the other PCs OR screens" you can't send keys to screens
    - if it 's similar to keyclone, then there should be a HUGE amount of features documented. There is no such thing at that website.

I'm not saying that you can't be legit, I'm just saying that you have a lot of doubt against you.

[edit]

You can set the keys to be repeatable, meaning that if you have a nuke macro setup as a mage, you can simply press the hotkey
    and it'll repeat at a set delay until you press it again
    In this case: I hope your stay here will be brief and may the moderation ban be swiftly.

I wouldnt touch this "download" with a 50ft pole..

Default RE: New WoW Specific Multiboxing Software

Quote Originally Posted by 'WoWMulti',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181817#pos t181817
    Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to come by and make a post about a program I've been using for the past 3 months now while playing World of Warcraft.
    I just wanted to start out by saying that this program is completely legal and does not do anything to harm your account whatsoever. This
    program is similar to KeyClone but is geared towards World of Warcraft. It's purpose is to make multiboxing in World of Warcraft easily manageable
    and more enjoyable.

Let me start out by giving a little background. I've played just about every major online MMO. The one game I started multi boxing with was EverQuest.
    In EverQuest I played about 5 characters, and I did it the hard way, by manually playing each one without the use of software or hardware.
    I then went to EverQuest II where I created and distributed a piece of software called Extreme Crafting, which I later sold to the creator of
    Macro Crafter (due to real life obligations).

I then ended up at World of Warcraft. I currently 3 box. My current setup is one priest on my main pc, one mage on my laptop, and a druid minimized on
    my main pc.

What the software does is, it allows you to map key combinations on the main PC and have them sent to the other PCs OR screens (whether they are minimized
    or in the background). You can set the keys to be repeatable, meaning that if you have a nuke macro setup as a mage, you can simply press the hotkey
    and it'll repeat at a set delay until you press it again. You can also have combinations that are sent to multiple "hosts" (computers or screens).

The software is new and is based off of an engine I wrote for Extreme Crafting over two years ago. It's completely safe and completely legal as this
    software is geared at making it easier for you to play multiple characters at the same time.

The website is brand new and is an open forum. The software, currently, is free. Just simply download it and click "Demo" and you'll be good to go.

Please post on the forums if you have any questions.

Thanks and happy multi boxing!!

-WoW Multi
    one key press = one action.
    your program does this:
    . You can also have combinations that are sent to multiple "hosts" (computers or screens).
    which is completely against blizzard rules. i would retract your claim to this program being completely safe and legal, or at least, say its completely safe and legal according to the US and international laws, but not safe or legal according to Blizzard EULA/TOS. yes, you can use this program in the US and no cop will knock on your door. but blizzard will ban you. i find this very misleading and therefore will not click your link or try your product or even suggest your program as a possible candidate.

mmmmmm, so many paranoid angles here my tin foil hat is getting smoke coming out of the top of it.

Think I'll just eat my popcorn.
    Level 80 - Strokemagnet (F Druid) / Stoatcakes (H Druid) / Awesomehorse - Cautionhorse - Portionhorse (Warlocks)

Level 60 - Elvisparsley (DK) / Chiveaid (Priest) / Chilliocean - Hammerthyme - Rickhashtley (DKs)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stormweasel',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181830# post181830
    mmmmmm, so many paranoid angles here my tin foil hat is getting smoke coming out of the top of it.

Think I'll just eat my popcorn.
    Stop that! It's in the d-b.com EULA that when presented with new software that probably will not pass Blizzard's TOS, it's considered the utmost in quiet dignity to react with hostility and sneering contempt! Now put down that popcorn and prepare to froth! Ready? 1 ... 2 ... FROTH! FROTH!
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

Very understandable...

I guess I should retract that by saying that this software is no more illegal than Key Clone.

I just launched the site today. I've been using the software with a few friends for the past few months and decided I'd give the community the ability to use it too. I'm a software developer by trade and I enjoy writing and sharing software.

It uses the same engine I wrote for Extreme Crafting about 2+ years ago. (Do a google on EQ2 Extreme Crafting.. It'll eventually point you to Macro Crafter, who took over the project.)

Besides giving source code away, how can I go about proving to the community the legitimacy of the software?

Hey guys give the dude a break!! BE RECKLESS!! BE WILD!! LIVE ON THE EDGE!!

Riding in cars with no seatbelts? Check
    Riding a bike with no helmet? Check
    Casual unprotected sex? I'm there...
    Installing an unknown executable from a mysterious fly by night forum? I'm SOOOO There...
    Russian Roullette? Roger that!

etc, etc, etc...

I love it when stuff like this comes around - it's so obvious this guy hasn't read a single post from d-b.com. :/
    Resto Shaman + 4 DK's, work in progress...
    ------------------
    Teezy/Jaqblaq @ Stormrage
    Emeritus Guardian and Keeper of the no focus manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by 'WoWMulti',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181837#pos t181837
    I guess I should retract that by saying that this software is no more illegal than Key Clone.
    Too late. You've already given us enough to know that it's not only illegal, it's VERY illegal. See post #4.

The presentation did make me wonder whether it was a gold seller post for a while too...doesn't help.

Ken,

All valid points. I'm a developer, I don't have time to put up documentation right now or a feature list. I understand the lack of this might cast a shadow of a doubt and that is fine. I will get around to it. I just wanted to release it to get a community going where I can add features based on user's feedback.

Does the fact that it can simulate multiple keystrokes (repetitions) make it frowned upon? If so, that's something that I can remove/disable.

When playing a mage who can really play by just hitting one key, it greatly benefits me to hit F1 and have it keep pressing the 1 key.

This software's intentions is just to make it easier to play multiple characters... Not allow botting of any kind (which it can't do of course).

Thanks,

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Ken',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181820#post1818 20
    To everyone who reads this topic: BE WARNED!

I'm afraid I don't trust your software, because:
    - There's no real content on your website besides the download.
    - The website is a forum, not a real website.
    - This is your first post on the forum and you're offering people an executable file.
    - There are absolutely no specific details about your software.
    - "What the software does is, it allows you to map key combinations on the main PC and have them sent to the other PCs OR screens" you can't send keys to screens
    - if it 's similar to keyclone, then there should be a HUGE amount of features documented. There is no such thing at that website.

I'm not saying that you can't be legit, I'm just saying that you have a lot of doubt against you.

[edit]

You can set the keys to be repeatable, meaning that if you have a nuke macro setup as a mage, you can simply press the hotkey
    In this case: I hope your stay here will be brief and may the moderation ban be swiftly.