Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default I just don't get it...

Why all the tears over dual-spec costing 1k?

I just don't get the idiots who post in the WoW forums. Granted, they're *never* happy, but I don't get the temper tantrum over this.

I never thought I'd see the day that players would demand *bigger* gold sinks.

Is this elitist raiders trying to make dual-spec more *theirs*, so their hated *casuals* can't get it? That's the only thing I can imagine.

Or, is this the forum game this week, crying about dual spec? More and more, I tend to think 90% of the QQ posts in the forums are just to grief the CMs and Devs...
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

99% of all whinethreads on official forums come from people following the trend.

The forum is littered with whines and it continues to stimulate others to whine as well. Who doesn't get whiney when reading a whiney forum? :P

As long as they keep them there, I'm fine with it tho. No whine threads allowed here! :<
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Ya, I actually ventured into the PTR forum...I quickly pressed X again. Too much crying about how 1000g is expensive and that it'd take months too get. I mean...wth?
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU
    Level 96 Unholy Deathknight - Unholy Deathknight
    Level 90 Protection Paladin - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Restoration Shaman
    Level 71-76 Guardian Druid - Frost Mage - Destruction Warlock - Beast Mastery Hunter - Discipline Priest

If you're a heavy respeccer it'll pay for itself in a week or three. Seriously though people are upset over the cost? I was expecting it to be in the range of epic flying for cost. The official wow forums never cease to amaze me.
    Dual-boxer on Earthen Ring (US)
    80 - Tombs (DK)/ Araze (Ret Paladin)
    65 - Meleinia (Mage)/ Celin (Spriest)

Hey, at least the 'boxing threads are gone. Although for a while there, it kept me entertained at work :sleeping:
    Siaea(h), Saiea(h), Seaie(h), Sieae(h), Seiae(h) - H(A) PvP
    Parting, Sadeness, Praetorium, Greetings, Salutations - H PvP
    Mullethead, Auderna, Jestitte, Zelynde, Serlena - H PvP
    Clotte, Tahru, Martitsu, Mikiel, Larain - H PvE
    Bonechewer - PvP - US

I'm just happy that they reconsidered making it max level only. I'm not getting WoTLK fo my 5 box team anytime soon so.....helps me alot, 1k gold or not.

But the bitching and screaming and petty bickering is why I don't play w/ anyone else. Lawlz.

Cant remember where I read it, but there is a really appropriate quote for this phenomenon and basically no matter what Blizzard does people will complain. They could introduce the duel-spec with a cost of 50g and some people will say its too cheap and other's will ask why it's not free.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181503#p ost181503
    Cant remember where I read it, but there is a really appropriate quote for this phenomenon and basically no matter what Blizzard does people will complain. They could introduce the duel-spec with a cost of 50g and some people will say its too cheap and other's will ask why it's not free.
    With 10mil+ subscribers you can't make everyone happy.

Personally, I think dual-spec should be an end-game ability. Grinding 1k gold will take me just about as long as getting a toon to 40, so I dont see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by 'demontaz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181506#pos t181506

Personally, I think dual-spec should be an end-game ability. Grinding 1k gold will take me just about as long as getting a toon to 40, so I dont see the point.
    Having the level requirement at 40 is important for those of us who want to heal instances as we are leveling. My characters are all spec'd DPS for questing purposes, and instance runs are usually a last minute decision by guilds at that level. It's a given with PuGs. Allowing us to dual-spec at a lower level means there will be more healers for instances on the way up. It's not the ideal way to level, especially as a 'boxer, but the variety is greatly appreciated. For this reason alone I hope they keep it at 40.