Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default I have WOTLK on main. Do I need to buy all 3 games (WoW, TBC, WOTLK) for my 2nd character to play 1-60 with both accounts for DUALBOXING?

I have WOTLK on my main account. I am gonna start DUALBOXING tonight. And want to know if I have to buy all three WoW games: WoW, TBC, WOTLK tonight in order for me to play with my 2nd toon as well? I am going to play 1-60 first. For DUALBOXING? I know its sounds like a dumb question but I DON'T know the answer to that. Please help. I am going to Best Buy in an hour.

Nope, you just need regular original WoW until you want to move past 60, or if you want to go to anywhere in Outland or Northrend. Don't forget to refer yourself for the RAF bonus, even though it sounds like you're gonna boost - you might change your mind and decide to do a whole group :-)
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

awesome!! I am off to Best Buy!! Yeeeehahah! Finally going to do my 2 Locks side by side!! HAHAH, I wish I could be 5 toons at once, but I see you guys on youtube and I could never be that cool. 2 is probably my limit. LOL!

Damn, I have to say it: I am FUCKING so excited!

(excuse the language!)

lol, this post made me excited, i dunno why but it did

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

its not essentianl to level to 60, but you might want to pickup TBC (or a battlechest as they tend to be the best value for both a original and TBC) as it will give you the option of Dranei or Blood elf in you starting toons. It will also allow you to start levelling in these new areas rather than the standard ones (from experience the Dranei starting zones take you up to around 21 (when dual boxing) and then moved on to Darkshore for a couple of quests then ashenvale and at 25 moved to Duskwood.