Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Sticky CTRL & ALT modifiers after CTRL-ALT-DEL?

I've had this ever since I started using keyclone, and just worked around it.

Sometimes I need to use ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager. Either to kill a process, or to force the updating of a WoW screen which is rendering badly and hogging CPU (this happens to one of my instances with distressing frequency on zoning in somewhere new, but that's a separate issue. hitting ctrl-alt-delete always fixes it).

After hitting ctrl-alt-del, Keyclone seems to think that the ctrl and alt modifiers are still held down. If I hit "space", all my toons will receive "alt-space", for instance.

To fix this, I need to bring up the keyclone window and tap "ctrl" and "alt" in isolation. For instance, I can go to the "do not pass" section to get a field to type in. If I type the key P with no modifiers, keyclone will register CTRL-ALT-P. Tapping the crtl and alt keys in isolation fixes this "stickiness".

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I'm running a pretty bare Windows XP Pro x64 install.
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

I don't know if this will help you (and doesn't answer about the sticky keys), but an alternative method of bringing up the task manager is to right click on the Windows task bar (wherever it's blank) and click Task Manager. Just a thought
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

The sticky key thing comes from the fact that a new window (the task manager in your case) gains focus and stops the sending of keys in keyclone. The result is alt and ctrl are sent as being pressed down but before the "key up" can be sent keyclone stops sending keys. This is done by keyclone to prevent sending keys while you are typing in something other than the game. An easy way to fix it is go back into the game and simply press ctrl and alt then release them. Once the key up is sent to the alts all will work as it should. It happens to me a lot when alt-tabbing to another window, I have learned to either stop broadcasting prior to tabbing out of the game or hit alt again when I tab back in.

As far as the CPU hogging instance bug...I get that from time to time as well and haven't a clue as to what causes it. It never occurs when i run one instance, and it doesn't seem to be tied to keyclone, as it manifests itself while using other kb broadcasting software. I found that minimizing the instance and restoring it often fixes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bettysue',index.php?page=Thread&postID=180424#pos t180424
    The sticky key thing comes from the fact that a new window (the task manager in your case) gains focus and stops the sending of keys in keyclone. The result is alt and ctrl are sent as being pressed down but before the "key up" can be sent keyclone stops sending keys. This is done by keyclone to prevent sending keys while you are typing in something other than the game. An easy way to fix it is go back into the game and simply press ctrl and alt then release them. Once the key up is sent to the alts all will work as it should. It happens to me a lot when alt-tabbing to another window, I have learned to either stop broadcasting prior to tabbing out of the game or hit alt again when I tab back in.

As far as the CPU hogging instance bug...I get that from time to time as well and haven't a clue as to what causes it. It never occurs when i run one instance, and it doesn't seem to be tied to keyclone, as it manifests itself while using other kb broadcasting software. I found that minimizing the instance and restoring it often fixes the problem.
    Thanks, I will try this tonight. I agree that WoW can be funky while running multiple instances, in addition to the CPU hogging I occasionally get fatal errors (yuck). I haven't had luck trying to minimize the windows, though, for me the only thing that seems to work consistent is the ctrl-alt-delete.
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

Quote Originally Posted by 'emesis',index.php?page=Thread&postID=179893#post1 79893
    Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    Yup, it was the most annoying thing in keyclone and octopus that doesn't seem to ever get fixed. It also happens after alt-tabbing, your alt key keeps stuck.
    Switched to FREE hotkeynet and forgot this horror forever.
    5 shamans, US-Blackrock, Totemz* team.
    DTK heroic: clear!
    Gun'Drak heroic: clear except last boss!