Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Major problems with auto follow (KeyClone)

Randomly, but very frequently, I will lose my 3 alts when running. I am having to constantly go back to them and 'follow'.
    There is one odd graphic thing I see. Sometimes, when I go back to them, the 'lost toon' will take several steps in the opposite direction, then suddenly turn and start to follow. THere are no trees, corners, etc that would contribute.
    I have has this happen with as little as 2 toons (main, and follower).
    I have 3 pc's, all 2 gig, 4.8Mhz dual core. All PC's are hardwired to router (Belkin). 768K DSL. I have tried using 2-3 toons on one PC to eliminate some hardware/connections, but have same random problem
    My Keyclone is latest, and shows no lag when multiboxed.
    One guess I have is that I am on Arthas, perhaps one of the most crowded servers (thus lag) around...but, not sure if server you are on can have this effect.
    Thank You

what is the latency on each clone as reported in game.
    (hover just left of your bags)

And you're sure no rogues are sneaking about?

Default Losing toons during follow

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone
    what is the latency on each clone as reported in game.
    (hover just left of your bags)
    I have been checking it for about 30 min so far.
    The range on the clones is Lat=70-165 average about 90
    FPS = (35-60) average around 50

This is with 4 toons total.
    During this time, I have not lost any toons...but will keep monitoring. Is there a 'deadly' number on either FPS or Latency? ie, if it goes about 200 can i expect problems? I never really watched it, unless it went yellow, or especially red.
    Thanks!!

O.o lol 90 latency ive never seen that on a single toon and zip running on my comp - play averages 400-600ms lag is about 1.2k-2kms ^^

You get used to stopping every 5seconds or so for them to catch up and start to avoid small corners - just think like a truck driver you gotto take the wide birth of a corner to get around.

Australian outback 1.5mbs ftw lol

there is no magic number on latency.. but.. what can happen is that your clone may not be receiving information from the server... such data starvation will appear as your clone starts to fall behind, or it won't stop when its told.

basically, the stop, turn, or go commands are just packets from the server... and if it gets lost due to bad network conditions (which results in high latency)... you have packet loss... and good luck after that.

i hope that makes sense. oh, and btw... there really is no reason to keep your clones up at 90+ fps. 40 would be more then adequate for the inactive clones.

so, in the command editor for each clone, set maxfpsbk to 40 and maxfps to 90. i normally tell people 15 and 40, but it seems your machine is rockin.

lower cpu/gpu load can result in better network performance as the cpu has more time to deal with incoming packets.

What I notice when Im not duel boxing and I just autofollow someone or someone auto follows me. If I minimize the WoW window I will loose speed and start dropping behind.

same when i window out on a following comp.. that char slows down and loses follow (5 sep boxes)

if it happens without multi-boxing, then it sounds like a wow issue.

i'd suggest checking the wow forums and/or posting a question there

Don't minimized windows receive slightly lower CPU priority and thus fewer network packets? This may cause the lag that breaks follow when playing a single instance.