Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 5 hunters

Default 5 hunters

So new to all this, love it so far. just curious if many people have did 5 hunters to 80? and if so what they thought of it. I get it that there's no tank or healer but so far i have owned ramps at 61 and BF at 63. a couple wipes but usually do i think to a toon lagging out and running off. as of now its all been trivial at best.

my thoughts so far are I'm having to much fun and wondering if its going to end at 80? as of now i have noticed a sort of unlimited healing idea with pets. i have yet to fight any thing long enough to fully test it but it seems that as pets die in a fight you can just revive mend and resend them in. it happens faster then i explained it. and pulling 3-5 packs at a time i lose 1 or 2 pets but by the end of combat all are back and full health usually

and about gear, sorry if its in the wrong spot but curious what others have did. do i need to focus stam>dps
    ?

I'm sure it will be tons of fun - you might even be able to do heroics by specing BM and using your pets as disposable meat tokens.

And BGs will be great if you team up with a healer.
    However, arenas will probably not be doable in a successful fashion.

Good luck with your hunter team - it's a great class to box.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein
    EINSTEIN SUX WHENS RNG!

I did 5 hunters to 60, and then swapped one for a healing druid, so not exactly your situation.

Honestly, my druid felt a bit useless in early BC instances. Mobs just don't do a lot of damage, so if aggro of a pack is spread amongst pets (namely, one mob hits one pet), it is not a problem to keep them alive. It became different in level 70 instances, and even more so in WotLK instances. I really think my hunters could not keep their gorillas alive now. Level 80 instances mobs (not boss) can sometimes 2-3 shot my gorillas, and I am not running heroics yet (not done with regular level 80 instances yet).

Of course, revive is nice, but keep in mind that pets come back with their aggro completely cleared. It is virtually impossible for the pet to get aggro back considering all the damage the hunter has done before. The pets continues to DPS, but it does not tank any more. This means a wipe when the last pet dies, unless hunters have been dropping aggro using Feign Death just after the Revive.

Having no real tank is already quite a challenge. Having no real tank and no real heal would probably be too hard for me.

Good luck to you, and please keep us posted about how it goes.