Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default EQ2 - Got Keyclone/Innerspace working (few questions)

Ok. I just got this all working with EQ2, everything seems to be running just fine.

Question #1. Innerspace uses the "~" key to open some dialogue box, EQ2 uses the "~" key to turn auto attack on/off. I'd like to keep "~" as my auto attack key, any way I can change this with Innerspace?

2. Keyclone does WAY more than I want it to. I'd like to know if I can set it up as follows.

* Only clone auto attack, and Jump key
    * Set up a few hotkeys for individual windows. I'd like to make a hotkey for ONLY Char2 (on my number pad if possible) that makes him use his heal. Can I set up hotkeys for individual windows? I spam 1-9 regularly only Char1, I really don't want to be clicking it all on the other characters consantly.

Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

You'll probably get a better response in the New users/support forum: http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/in...ard&boardID=11

I'd check the wiki on innerspace, I think I've seen it mentioned that you can change the default key.

In Keyclone you are looking for white or black lists for your keys, and hoststrings to send to individual windows (I think).
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

If you plan on really boxing, then you need to incorporate Shift 0-=, Alt0-= & maybe even Ctrl0-=. Just using 1-9 isn't going to cut it. I 6-box two different teams. I've got my keys down to a pattern across all my toons:
    1-6 : DPS/Atks
    7 : Everyone stop and follow tank
    8 : AOE_Encounter atk
    9 : AOE Atk
    0 - =: Special functions
    Shift 1-6: Heal toons 1-6
    Shift 7-=: AOE Heals and Superheals for oh'krap moments
    Ctrl 0-=: All the extra special things each toon can do, like mezzing or charming or whatnot

I then remapped my logitech mouse buttons to match up with the Shift1-6, so I can effectively kill with my left hand on the kb and without skipping a beat, heal with my right hand on the mouse. I normally run 2 healers in my group (unless the pally is tanking). For all the non healers, shift 1-6 either protect the healers, or activates de-taunts for dps chars, and the like.

It has taken me somewhere around 100 hours of tweaking and trying and flexing and messing up and fixing and such, to come up with my system. I have also created custom /load_keymaps, created for DPS or Healer or Tank toons.

To my knowledge, there is no way to send a particular key to only 1 window... the closest you can get is Round Robin, but that won't do it either. I recommend the shift1-6 method, and then have shift1-6 on all your non-healer toons just be the HO Starter.

I've taken one 6-man team to lvl 78-80 and my 2nd team is already in their low 30's, only because i'm disabling XP so I can hit every instance and dungeon in the game with my 2nd team and maximize AA gain. It's not easy to setup... but once you get it going, it's a blast!

I can't decide between EQ2 or Vanguard for multiboxing. I like EQ2 because it seems to run ALOT smoother and consume less resources, not to mention you can tweak a lot of the graphics settings which will help running multiple copies.

However, I'm not sure how to run multiple copies on one computer. The Station Launcher makes it confusing. I would like to run 3 on this machine, and 3 on a second one using Keyclone and KavoomKM but not sure how to do it....
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

In the Station Launcher go to Options, then Preferences. In the Preferences window click on the "Startup / Shutdown" category. Check the box for the option "Exit Station Launcer when I play a game."

Next, launch your first account and when you do you will be logged out of the station launcher. Minimize the game instance and re-run the launcher and log into your next account, repeat...

It's not a quick way but it works.
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

Ah I see what you mean korruptor. I was messing around and told Kecylone to lauch eq2 via the exe, and it worked that way too. When the game launched it completely bypassed the sony launcher and had a username/password prompt in the game. So looks like no need for the sony launcher at all.

As for classes I am thinking of going with the following group for my first time:

Gaurdian- tank
    Warlock- dps1
    Wizard- dps2
    Fury- utility
    Inquisitor- healer
    Necromancer- dps3
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by 'd0z3rr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=178455#post1 78455
    Ah I see what you mean korruptor. I was messing around and told Kecylone to lauch eq2 via the exe, and it worked that way too. When the game launched it completely bypassed the sony launcher and had a username/password prompt in the game. So looks like no need for the sony launcher at all.

As for classes I am thinking of going with the following group for my first time:

Gaurdian- tank
    Warlock- dps1
    Wizard- dps2
    Fury- utility
    Inquisitor- healer
    Necromancer- dps3
    Not that any way is better than any other way... but I recommend the following changes if you plan on 6-boxing ROK.
    Guardian - tank
    Warden or Defiler - 1st Healer
    Templar - 2nd Healer
    Troubador - For the casting buffs
    Coercer - Moderate Hate and uber Stuns
    Warlock / Wizard - Pure DPS

Make a primary 6-box group (mine is - guard, defiler, templar, dirge, coercer, warlock), once you get comfortable with it's abilities, you can start swapping toons in and out until you find what you're looking for. You're going to need AOE Heals to keep your team alive, especially while you figure things out and my favorite AOE heals come from Warden, hands down (i tried all 6 healers up lvl 50+). Once you don't need the AOE Heals, replace the Warden with A Defiler. Having both healers in Chain or Plate makes life much easier.

Group Buffs are next important. With a Fury & Inquis, your guardian is going to be light on the buffs and you'll need to take care in what you do. With a Warden and Templar, it's simply going to be hard to die. Furies are simply not that good for Boxing, imo. They solo great, but in a 6-box environment you want each of your team's members to feed of the strengths of the others. Furies can neither DPS well or Heal well, when compared to Wizards & Wardens. I tried a fury and dropped him at level 51.

Finally, as pre-mentioned above, you want your team to feed off itself. If you are going with a heavy melee team, tehn spec everyone towards melee and add a Dirge into the team. If you're going with more of a Magic/Casting team, then pick toons that cast lots of spells and add the Troubador to the team.

I got my Paladin team to lvl 34 two nights ago and spent the last two nights farming dungeons. Plainly put, Paladin sucks. I hate to say it, but there's not comparison to a Guardian. I've put together the following new 6-man team last night: Shadowknight Templar Troubador Illusionist Wizard Warlock. This gives me both noxious and elemental damage, two evacs, huge aoe and single target dps, crowd control, plate heals and a tank who can generate decent dps. So far, so good.

One key point I learned with the Guardian/Defiler/Templar group... You can have all the survivability in the world, but if you can't do enough dps to kill the mob, you're going to run out of power and die. I change my mind/team every few weeks, so what may work for me, may fail for you. Just keep trying things and don't get discouraged (it's easy when your tank sucks /sigh). eq2.wikia has uber data on which toons cast which damage type spells, i recommend checking it out and looking at how your team will work with itself.

g'luck.

Thats that exact reponse I was looking for Asgradth, thanks. I have no idea what the different classes do, and I read some generic overviews of them and decided that it might be a decent setup.
    I want my 6box team to be all casting based with a guardian tank, to make it easier. But there are so many classes I didn't know which ones were melee based, and which ones focused on casting.

I wanted to roll a templar, but they are good aligned, and I wanted to be neutral/evil. But you mentioned that they have good buffs, so looks like I'll be switched to good/neutral so everyone starts in the same zone.
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Oh yeah, why would I want a second healer? It would seem like it would make things more complicated, especially without the assistance of an addon like Healbot, where I can just click bars to heal people to make it easier.

Unless there are ui mods for EQ2 like that? That would be awesome.
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Hey d0z3rr,

Totally agree with Asgradth's comments re the fury - I do have 1 at cap, fully equipped - solo play it's great, boxing...not so great. I would also make the suggestion that you may find a wizard disappointing (for a starting group of 6) due to the long cast times.

Personally, I have found that even with full spell haste gear, buffs and 'everything' else - the mage just can't spam the spells fast enough to give a good showing on the DPS meter - most times the mage falls in about the middle of ACT outputs - think you may find that adp3s and masters for a wizards are quite...ouchy in the plat department which you mightn't have at the beginning

I also totally agree with Asg's suggestion re a 'solid' main group first then branching out to other classes. Problem is, which classes? To answer this I have given a general diagram of my suggestions:

If you wanted to go purely farming then drop the CC and replace with more DPS (I prefer rogues TBH) as my playstyle is melee heavy - so take that into account when you consider your team

Hope that helps

Welcome to EQ2 boxing!