Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Having trouble...

Okay so I am new at multiboxing but I get the basics of it.

So I account A's 80 Shaman(unlinked) running account B which is linked to account C(I know shamans sucks ta runs its my only 80 =[).

I was pulling mobs in ragefire and it was working at first. I then decidied to do 2 pulls all together, so I grabbed all the snakes, troggs, and elementals in one pull(not the orcs because the knock you over) and when I brought them back to the lowbies I thunderstormed them and finished the elementals with a magma totem, however the lowbies only got xp for the first four mobs by the beggining(they were snakes) and the others just dissapeared after like 3 secs(we couldn't even loot).

So I am doing something wrong here? I have reached 60 before by questing with RAF but I want to try this out and see if it is any easier.

Thanks.

sounds very odd. this has never happened to me in rfc. sorry i cant help you further. perhaps you should single target everyone until you get to the troggs. this is actually where i start my mass pulls.

Default RE: Having trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by 'antilifesaver',index.php?page=Thread&postID=17488 7#post174887

So I account A's 80 Shaman(unlinked) running account B which is linked to account C(I know shamans sucks ta runs its my only 80 =[).

I was pulling mobs in ragefire and it was working at first. I then decidied to do 2 pulls all together, so I grabbed all the snakes, troggs, and elementals in one pull(not the orcs because the knock you over) and when I brought them back to the lowbies I thunderstormed them and finished the elementals with a magma totem, however the lowbies only got xp for the first four mobs by the beggining(they were snakes) and the others just dissapeared after like 3 secs(we couldn't even loot).

So I am doing something wrong here? I have reached 60 before by questing with RAF but I want to try this out and see if it is any easier.

Thanks.
    Hmm, the nature immune mobs that your magma totem has killed would not give exp or loot. (Since totem kills don't tag mobs).

Also, Thunderstorm is hardcapped with damage, after a certain amount of damage it just ignores other targets. It should be more then four tho, but sounds like you actually only tagged a handful of mobs and had your totem kill most that nerfed the exp/loot.

Solution? Make sure you got the tag on all mobs. (get a low dps fast dagger and tag mobs as you round them up for example without one shotting them, or resort to single target killing with alts on follow stampeding through the instance.)
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by 'elsegundo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=174891#po st174891
    sounds very odd. this has never happened to me in rfc. sorry i cant help you further. perhaps you should single target everyone until you get to the troggs. this is actually where i start my mass pulls.
    It's ok. I may try that.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kaynin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=174892#post1 74892
    Quote Originally Posted by 'antilifesaver',index.php?page=Thread&postID=17488 7#post174887

Thanks.
    Hmm, the nature immune mobs that your magma totem has killed would not give exp or loot. (Since totem kills don't tag mobs).

Also, Thunderstorm is hardcapped with damage, after a certain amount of damage it just ignores other targets. It should be more then four tho, but sounds like you actually only tagged a handful of mobs and had your totem kill most that nerfed the exp/loot.

Solution? Make sure you got the tag on all mobs. (get a low dps fast dagger and tag mobs as you round them up for example without one shotting them, or resort to single target killing with alts on follow stampeding through the instance.)
    Okay I will keep in mind not to use totems for damage. Also my TS killed everyone except the elementals(immune).

Maybe going Enh and just simple tagging would be the best bet(I'm Ele)? Would a fire elemental count(still a totem but IDK)?

Thanks guys.

that makes a lot of sense! =]

Quote Originally Posted by 'antilifesaver',index.php?page=Thread&postID=17489 6#post174896
    Quote Originally Posted by 'elsegundo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=174891#po st174891
    It's ok. I may try that.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kaynin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=174892#post1 74892

Thanks.

Okay I will keep in mind not to use totems for damage. Also my TS killed everyone except the elementals(immune).

Maybe going Enh and just simple tagging would be the best bet(I'm Ele)? Would a fire elemental count(still a totem but IDK)?

Thanks guys.
    Fire Elemental doesn't tag either unfortunatly.

When I boosted my group of four shamans with my then level 70 shaman, I was enhancement on my main and just one hit stuff all the way up to level 60 instances (dual wield) with shamans on follow. Have V up so you can get rid of stray targets going for your low levels and keep an eye on runners. In the long run it doesn't take much longer this way as you can kill everything almost completely while on the run. It just requires a bit more focus and attention.

ok.

One last question.

Keep V up.

Whats V?

V toggles the view for mobs health bars. this helps a lot for what he's suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 'antilifesaver',index.php?page=Thread&postID=17490 8#post174908
    ok.

One last question.

Keep V up.

Whats V?
    enemy nameplates, it's standard bound to the button v in WoW. It helps quite a lot for tracking enemy movement when there's -alot- of enemies around and makes clicking a bit easier, did for me at least. I suppose it's a bit of a whatever you like best thing tho.