Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: @Bradster

Default @Bradster

Did you give up on your EQ2 Multibox team? I saw you posted once saying you were going to try it out, and then a few days later your talking about the devil...err I mean WoW again.

Did you give up on EQ2?

We need more EQ2 boxers damnit!

I’m taking a break for now with both. Here’s the long version.

Got bored with wow and decided to give EQ2 a try.

Started 6 boxing on PVP server, later realized without investing a few months per Character I’d be stream rolled with out effort (which was very much the case). Around the same time 5 friends of mine said hey we would like to all play together again.

So I stopped boxing and played with them statically. One quit. So I started 2 boxing (this is all on a PVE server). All decided they wanted to move to the PVP server. I followed. We reached mid 20s, no one was really happy with their class selection so we rerolled again. Reached the same level range again, couple days went by no one logged in.

I got an e-mail stating hey were all moving back to WOW. I fired up my 5 box team, ran Ramparts once then logged out. Couple days later made a Shaman team on Mag with <The Zerg> Played for a couple of hours. That was a week ago.

I think I’m just burnt out on MMO’s right now. I’ve been playing them non-stop since 2003 and right now I’m filling my time with a lot of stuff I should have done a long time ago, along with getting my fill of movies.

So far no interest in playing again as of yet. Lately have been considering selling it all (4 PCS along with all the accounts and hardware). If I ever get back to in to my 2 main machines are very strong Core 2 Duos, my main being a 3.0MHZ, the other a 2.8MHZ, so software would be an option.

I still like to visit the community and help out. I just don’t really enjoy the game selections right now. I thought about both FFXI and EVE going back to those and giving it a try, but ultimately I think I’d just be wasting my money so I haven’t.

Nothing on the horizon looks appealing thus far in the MMO line-up. The ones that did interest me I had an opportunity to test in beta stages and got a feel for it. Didn’t much care for it.

What’s funny is I miss making movies more then gaming at this point. Perhaps if there is someone that needs a video editor I would enjoy that. I spend most of my free time surfing torrents, I have a big collection. Next project I’d like to do is copy all my DVD’s to Divx format. My wife has control of the TV in my household hehe so I always watch them on the PC.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

Sounds more like you need new friends.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Xzin
    Sounds more like you need new friends.
    Actually that’s part of it, but that’s the ultimate long version.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

Well bro if you decide to give EQ2 another shot I can at least give you a few people to talk to =)

I feel yah, thats exactly how I felt before I discovered six boxing. My brother and I split the six boxing (I run three he runs three) and occasionally I six box.

Got a few of us on The Bazaar (3 to be exact) but its 7 toons heh. If you get bored your more than welcome to come hang out.

Tell me about EQ2 boxing. I'm pulling a Bradster upon logging into WoW and going why the fuck do I play this same shit after 3 years - I need something new.

Already finished Assasins Creed and single player games only hold me for so long.

I guess what I really really want is that 'omg im a noob' feeling and a whole new game and world to explore.

Is multiboxing in EQ2 harder or easier than WoW? Do you have /assist /follow /focus equivilants? A macro system?

Does it have arenas? I dont mind being on a PVE server (as I realize its primarily a PVE game) but can I go kill 5 other people with my 5 box?

-Slats

Yeah not so caring about World PVP - more caring about Arena Style PvP - I assume there is no 'battlegrounds'.

I think I posted in the wrong thread actually - but I guess this will do - too many browser windows open

You can twink your characters to disgusting degrees in EQ2, for its claim to be "restrictive" of the types of gear you can acquire.

You can twink everything from Gear, enchants on Gear, "trinkets" that other noob chars would have.
    The skills have different levels, making the same skill you get at, say level 10 have around 7 different upgradable strengths to it, the top couple being quite expensive. Having a single max-upgraded skill would make the difference to someone who only has Rank 1 skills.

The rules of the game make it so that in order to PvP in an area, you have to fall under the specified level ranges for that zone. If there are 2 ultra-twinks running around, they are pretty much unstoppable. Higher levels can't engage them, and lower levels that are not twinked stand no chance.

All in all, PvP in EQ2 is total crap.
    But if you want to play it anyway, play a Warden for PvP. They are OP and haven't been nerfed since launch.

yeah pvp in EQ2 is a bit off... its 100% pve game that had PvP thrown in at the last minute... and unlike wow where a large portion of the players actually do pvp... EQ2 is a smaller niche market.

Therefore the dev team really doesnt care much about pvp ballance.

Now... pve EQ2 is a hoot, and I plan on attempting pvp eventually. Currently playing on the bazar server. Its the RMT server. Where you allowed to sell Money and Characters.

I use that to fund my boxing in WoW and EQ2

PvP in EQ2 can be fun, twinking your toon isnt as hard as it used ot be, in fact, simply starting in the sarnak towns will give you equivalent gear to the twinks.

Doing a ton of quests will boost your AA's but your main issue will be spells and abilitys being low end compared to the twinks.

There arent many if any multiboxing pvpers so, you will have an advantage if you were to roll Warlock team or something similar.

What would be a good multibox team. I want to be Evil.

Looking at anything from 2 - 5 accounts. Probably start very small to get a feel for it.

What classes will compliment each other the best?