Close
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 70

Quote Originally Posted by 'Owltoid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172581#post 172581
    Inside the program you enter an X,Y coordinate (such as 14,27) and set a key binding to it (like Ctrl-C). Now every time Ctrl-C is clicked the mouse clicks at exactly 14,27.
    Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog

Quote Originally Posted by 'knopstr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172551#post 172551
    Can we please not turn this thread or any other into a hate thread. Be cautious if you wish of his solution, but just drop the negativity.

If you don't want to use it, don't. Let Blizzard decide if it's legal.

If or when it is, it could be a really helpful tool to some of us.

I'm not being paid to help Evilseed lol...just tired of all of the negativity in the world these days.
    I saw very little hate in the thread. I saw someone post about their concerns about the software. I saw someone mention about Evilseeds/Mousecloners recent marketing technique (and I passed comment on both).

I think it would be remiss of this community not to warn others of a possible issue. It's been done before and hopefully will continue to work that way. Let's face it the community would face the fallout of any Blizzard bannings should the Autopositioning of the mouse be deemed to be against the TOS.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Quote Originally Posted by 'Basilikos',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172562#po st172562
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Freddie',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172558#post 172558
    1. This program uses prerecorded X Y coordinates.

2. The publisher claims Blizzard said this is okay.

3. Is this true?
    Question: Doesn't HotKeyNet do much of the same thing?
    1. HotkeyNet can click prerecorded X Y coordinates. (It can also broadcast to windows based on the mouse's actual position.)

2. Unlike Mousecloner, I don't tell people this is okay in WoW. On the contrary, I tell people not to use this in WoW because I think it's illegal there and could get your account banned.

3. Unlike Mousecloner, I don't tell people that Blizzard has approved this. I don't think it's true that Blizzard has approved this.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172578#post 172578
    The second school:
    I press a hotkey and the mouse click sends to some/one/all clients at a pre-determined position which I cannot easily change on the fly.

Mechanics Involved: This is the equivilant of having individual mice setup across machines and having them pre-positioned. You press a hotkey to broadcast left click (this is able to be done in game with the default UI) and a click broadcasts. To accomplish this with pure software you will find that you need to position the cursor on each window before attempting this due to moving the mouse out of teh windows bounds you will have a mouse on the outside edge of the window.

My thoughts? The movement to a predetermined position is very similar in my mind to KeyClones hotstrings. You press a button and the software translates it before it reaches the other machines. I can see how this would fall into the area some purists would prefer to stay away from, but I think it still falls well within the spirit of 1 physical action = 1 action per client... unfortunately my opinion doesn't weigh heavily when Blizzards the ones making the call, so I've avoided this sort of thing in my IS setup.
    I can see your point of view and I agree, a little bit. However, what if you have two predetermined positions?

Ctrl-C goes to (30,40)
    Shift-L goes to (5,70)

It's very hard to replicate that with any sort of hardware solution.

Like KeyClone, HKN also has the ability to use predetermined X,Y coordinates. If users decide to take advantage of that option, then IMO they are against Blizzard policy. However, do I think Blizzard should ban HKN or Keyclone for that? I sure hope not since they have many other uses. Mouseclone has one use and claims that Blizzard is ok with that... there's where the problem is.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Quote Originally Posted by 'Owltoid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172588#post 172588
    Like KeyClone, HKN also has the ability to use predetermined X,Y coordinates. If users decide to take advantage of that option, then IMO they are against Blizzard policy. However, do I think Blizzard should ban HKN or Keyclone for that? I sure hope not since they have many other uses. Mouseclone has one use and claims that Blizzard is ok with that... there's where the problem is.
    Keyclone cannot currently use pre-determined x,y coordinates for mouse, You can map a mouse action to a key via mouse-map, or you can enable mouse passing, where you define a toggle for mouse click passing, hit the toggle, click and the click happens on the local window, then gets sent to the next instance, down the line, then you need to toggle it off. There is no way to set pre-defined X,Y locations to click.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Svpernova09',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172591# post172591
    There is no way to set pre-defined X,Y locations to click.
    correct. i, like freddie, saw this as most likely against Blizzard's TOS/EULA, so i have deliberately avoided that functionality.

rest assured, if this functionality is ok with Blizzard, a simpler UI will be available within keyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172596#pos t172596
    correct. i, like freddie, saw this as most likely against Blizzard's TOS/EULA, so i have deliberately avoided that functionality.

rest assured, if this functionality is ok with Blizzard, a simpler UI will be available within keyclone.
    If blizzard ok's this, its going to be a field day of awesomesauce with what we can do with it.

I used the predetermined x,y cordinates mouseclicks in hotkeynet for a while (against the author's advice), it worked great. But I felt it looked REALLY suspicious so I stopped using it, and switched to the normal keybinding mouse clicks. Using the predetermined X,Y system, It puts down the AOE in the EXACT same pattern every time, and I was worried that it be a red flag to see every AOE I casted was clicked in exactly screen position 600x600. I honestly don't know if this is a big enough deal to warrant any blizzard attention though. I think it'll come down to a very specific blue post, or someone getting banned before we know if it's acceptable.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

first off these are my opinions and i have nothing against evilseed.

imo from looking at the screenshots and reading what this product does it sounds like you setup some predetermined coordinates, define a mouse click that is pressed and assign a hotkey to it. I have not tested this myself but it sounds like what happens is you hit this hotkey and mousecloner moves to said x,y coordinates and clicks the button. The fact that it might be using predetermined coordinates steers me away from it.

if you direct yourself over to the upcoming features one the mousecloner website you will notice the top two features. An easier way to find x,y coordinates and a way to enable clicking without moving the mouse these both backup something that sounds like it would be against the eula and very close to automation.

once again i have not actually used the product this is all that i've gathered from reading and looking so it is strictly opinion based.
    [align=center] Horde Illidan US

5 man mixed: Prot Pally, Frost Mage, Ele Shaman, Balance Druid, Holy Priest

http://reported-and-banned.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Svpernova09',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172597# post172597
    Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172596#pos t172596

If blizzard ok's this, its going to be a field day of awesomesauce with what we can do with it.
    Predetermined x,y coordinate clicking makes hardware 'boxers cry.

The context of the blue post, while slightly ambiguous, does imply that "keyboard action" = "mouse movement" was OK. Granted, it's not a solid, unambiguous answer but since you're not exactly typing out a coordinate with the keyboard, I'd think the GM knew that "keypress"-->"mouse movement" means the keypress can initiate a mouse movement to a predetermined location, since keypresses cannot act on multiple axis like a mouse can.

If anyone wanted the direct link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...80319&sid=1#15
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]