Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Videos I made of boss fights in Heroic DTK and Heroic Gundrak

So I decided to make a video of myself running through Heroic DTK and Heroic Gun'Drak today. I haven't yet been able to find a video quality that is acceptable to compress the entire run so for now I made a condensed video of just the boss fights at a higher quality with some background music (I meant to record sound but apparently didn't have that option checked so I put some... inspirational music in the background for the fights).

Anyway, hopefully it helps some people that are having problems with some of these fights with positioning and other things that might be useful. Or, if you just want to see someone else run the bosses to see how it is different from how you do it that is ok too. So, without further ado, here are the links (I'm hosting these on my website as I don't like what youtube does to video quality). Also, for the mods, yes I know there is a movies subforum, I will probably post these there also but I thought here was more appropriate for these particular videos.

http://www.vonderbecke.net/files/wow...DTK-Bosses.wmv

http://www.vonderbecke.net/files/wow...rak-Bosses.wmv

I messed up on 2 of the bosses in DTK which you'll notice - got lazy at the end of the Novos fight and let one Shaman die right after the boss died, and on Dred I accidentally hit my follow macro mid fight which brought my shamans right up on top of me (whoops - was trying to make a video what do you want from me?). Anyway, let me know what you think!
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Rated Arena Member

Hrmm not loading =(
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

Whats the issue? Its standard wmv files made with Windows movie maker - if you have a Windows PC it should work no matter what. I tried downloading them myself and they seem to work for me
    <Multiplicity>

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Like them, but it's loading quite slowy (16 Mbit Internet Conection)

They're really nice, I especially like the music And it's a really nice How to as well. Saved the Page in my Browser, when I'm @ this point and can't get through it I'll look it up.

Thanks 4 Sharing.
    Clash of the Titans
    Almost Done -.-
    CotT
    [/align]Current Playlist:
    • Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Soilwork, Soil, Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, Evanescence(Again :love: )

The files are fairly large as I wanted them to be decent size/quality. I can't stand looking at youtube videos where you can hardly see whats going on. The DTK video is ~165MB and the Gundrak video is ~95MB

Edit: They're more made to download/save then try to stream, FYI
    <Multiplicity>

Hm for that size it's an amazing Quality. Everytime I make videos they are huge in Size, how did you make it?

Yeah youtube sucks, but if the video has a nice enough resolution it can be set to High Quality (while watching) it's quite decent. But maybe your movies get muted when your using your MP3s and you do not own the Copyrights and all that shit.
    Clash of the Titans
    Almost Done -.-
    CotT
    [/align]Current Playlist:
    • Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Soilwork, Soil, Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, Evanescence(Again :love: )

Yeah I would probably have to remake the videos with the normal WoW sound. As far as how I made it, when I FRAPSed it, the video for each instance came out to something like 23GB each - I was able to compress this down at high quality for the entire 25-28 minutes to 650MB or so, and then when I remove just the boss sequences it drops it to 95-165MB (DTK is bigger because the boss fights are quite a bit longer). I just use Windows Movie maker (comes with XP/Vista) and when asked how to save the video I just choose "Best quality for my PC" which uses a variable bitrate.
    <Multiplicity>

Rated Arena Member

There we go got em Thanks!!!
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

Does anyone have any comments? Do they suck? I'm planning on making more videos and I'd like some comments so I know what, if anything, to change
    <Multiplicity>

Rated Arena Member

Man I watched the Gundrak video and I can't believe how fast you kills bosses. Yeah I know your using 4 elemental but wow so fast. No wonder I am changing over to a DK.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US