Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Where do trinkets fit into your rotation?

Atm lvl 70 group of prot pally and 4xshaman. Atm my dps macro on shammys consists of:
    Code:
    /Castrandom Lightning Bolt, Flame Shock
    with lava burst being added at 75.

and i have a trinket macro of
    Code:
    /Castrandom Blood Fury, Elemental Mastery
    /Castrandom Vengeance of the Illidari, Vial of Renewal
    so i just mash that then start dpsing

i was just thinking there must be a more efficient way and the closer i get to 80 the more refined i want my setup to be.
    Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Jono
    (Shaman x4, Paladin)
    �mg-
    p�w-p�w-p�w-p�w (Lvl-80)
    Talnivarr-eu

heroics down: Gundrak(19/4/09), DTK(19/4/09), Utgarde Keep(23/4/09)

I need to change my /use 13 /use 14 to the names now that I am getting the uber pvp trinket. Going from pve to pvp I would have to change all my macros so I dont spam my pvp trinket
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Since I want my trinkets to actually be available when I need them, I have elemental mastery, blood fury, and both trinkets on a single macro. For boss fights my rotation goes:

Hit 4x flameshock key
    Hit 4x Lava Burst-only key
    hit my trinket/ele mastery macro
    hit my bloodlust macro (probably should combine these)

Spam my castrandom macro until end of fight or whenever flameshock needs refreshing.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

I have a button I push for cooldowns which includes trinkets. I save this mostly for bosses.

my main dps macro on my shamans:

#showtooltip Lava Burst
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /castrandom Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lightning Bolt,Chain Lightning

yes it would be smarter to save the trinkets and EM for "clutch" times but this lets me never, ever forget to use my trinkets and EM which I tend to do... a lot!

if you use this macro at the beginning:

/stopmacro [noharm][dead] <--- something like that it will make sure you never accidentally (not sure if its [noharm/harm] or [nodead/dead]) wasting your cooldowns when you dont have something targetted that is alive.

Of course for those of us that never target anything anyway (focustargeting) that won't work. But I never have problems since I only use my "boom" button on bosses or really tough pulls anyway.
    <Multiplicity>

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

depends... if you don't care or don't want the trinket to affect your first cast
    /castrandom xxxx
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Elemental Mastery

I think this also delays it for one cast so you have to spam the button more than once before the trinket fires ( not 100% sure though )
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /cast [combat] Elemental Mastery
    /castrandom xxxx
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

/use 13
    /use 14

Thats at the top of every macro I have other than follow, eat and drink. along with any other ability like presence of mind, arcane power, Natures swiftness, etc. if the class or race has a special ability, I use it. Better to use it every 2-3 min than never use it at all. Saving it for a 'clutch' time just means you will forget to use it because your cluching and I cant think of a situation where I wiped that would have been prevented by a trinket that was on cooldown. When it comes to a boss that I NEED (more like want) that stuff for. I wait the 1-180 seconds it takes for the cool down to expire.

if it takes you an hour to clear an instance would you rather use your trinkets 30 times, or just 2 or 3 times because of a boss or never because your waiting for that moment when you know your gonna wipe and by then its too late.

It takes me 30 minutes to clear most instances (or less) and I'd rather not have to add 3-15 minutes on top of that waiting for cooldowns on every boss fight. I'm fine with only using it every 6 minutes or so in gundrak. Gundrak is so fast now half the time I'm waiting on bloodlust from the last boss to cooldown before I start the next boss.

I guess it depends on how bad of memory people have - I don't forget to use my trinkets, bloodlust, etc. If I need them I use them. I rarely need or want to use them on trash, theres not really a point in wasting them on a pull that only takes 12 seconds anyway which will then drop the pull to 8 seconds instead, and then the next pull might be tougher and you might need it more.

Bleh, I would just MUCH rather have control over my abilities then have them spammed randomly. This is the same reason I also have individual macros to use almost every single ability keybound so if i choose to, I can stop my sequence and use any ability I want. I have almost every key on my keyboard bound to a key binding (with mods) and I have them all memorized.
    <Multiplicity>