Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Tri-team for world PvP/BG

Now that patch 4.0.1 and some beta information has been out for a while, i am really interested in BGs, world PvP and Archaeology. Thus, i’d like to downsize to a tri-box (max is quad if needed) team and is seeking inputs/opinions/theorycrafting for a competitive team composition. I would prefer ranged classes but i’m not ruling out melees, I tried multiple pallies post-patch and didn’t like it. I would prefer a mixed team as well (more fun) but it’s not a must. I’ll still do dungeons so having an off-spec of tanking and healing is a plus.

Priests: I am intrigued by the disc priest’s talent “atonement” but not sure if it will really matter in actual battles due to its healing (short) range. Shadow DPS is relatively (vs warlocks, mages & shamans) low but if i decide to bring a healer to my team, a priest would be the first choice followed by a holy paladin.

Warlocks: My favorite caster class they are very strong this patch but require more management (destruction) unless it would be an all-warlock team.

Mages: I have always avoided mages, i don’t know why they aren’t fun to me but if you go to starting areas everybody except the GMs are making mages.

Druids: This is the class that i dislike more than mages, not sure why i have one at 80.

Rogues: I love the class but not for boxing … unless there’s something i don’t know.

Shamans: They are average to me when it comes to fun factor but i can’t deny they are the strongest class when it comes to boxing. There’s a very high possibility that one member of my tri-team will be one.

Hunters: To the next class please (the new focus system is cool though, and i had a Rank13 hunter in Gurubashi).

Paladin: The only reason i like a paladin is PvE (tanking dungeons), it would be a healer if i’ll bring one in my tri-team. I’d rather bring a warrior than a ret paly.

Warrior: My favorite melee class (same as rogues). I have always assumed though that ranged/casters are always stronger when boxing.

Death Knight: I don’t know if i can still manage my slaves if i’m playing a DK.

The combinations i came up with are 2xShaman/Prst, 2xShaman/Warlock, Paladin/Shaman/Priest, Warrior/Shaman/Priest and Warrior/Paladin/Shaman. Yes they involve only the Paladin, Warrior, Shaman, Priest and Warlock classes. My common sense tells me to take out the warrior but i just love the class (tanking and dps), he can be on a second team though.

Thanks and sorry for the long post, any inputs?

Blog Entries

If you want the option of dungeon finder, you'll need one of: Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior.
    In addition to this, one of: Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman.

For world PvP/Battlegrounds, it is easier to have an all caster or all melee team.
    Since you don't want a melee team, concentrate on casters.

With a caster team, a Shaman brings a ton to the table.
    Plus, whether you only spec Elemental or opt for dual-spec and Resto, the toon *could* heal, so will qualify your team for the Dungeon Finder.

I'd recommend including a Balance/Feral (dual-spec) Druid in the mix.
    The toon gets you a tank option for PvE (Dungeon Finder), and can be a Caster DPS or Healer in BG's.

The other tanking option is a Prot Paladin.
    Because that opens Dungeon Finder, and they can heal for your PvP aspect.

The Warrior or Death Knight doesn't add a whole lot to a caster team, for your PvP aspect.
    Although they can be used if you want.

Assuming you go with:
    - Shaman
    - One of Paladin/Druid

That leaves you with one slot for a three-box or two slots for a four-box.
    Not sure that you'll have enough firepower to one/two-shot players with three toons.
    But even still, you might go that route.

Everyone on your team can heal, if the need arises.
    Similarly, they all have Rez power.

A priest for the last slot, gets you Heal/Dps/Rez options.
    But mage/warlock, are good DPS options.

Of your choices... Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior...
    I'd go:
    - Dual-Spec Paladin (PvE Tank, PvP Heals)
    - Two Shammies, or Shammy (Elem PvP, Resto PvE) + Warlock.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Your dislike of druids doesn't change my recommendation: 3 druids. If you're talking about 4-5 toons, then I wouldn't suggest druids, but 3 is pretty nice. 9 treants from a stealthed position, 3 starfalls, staggered typhoons... 3 druids is a force. 3 of anything else may not have enough synchronized firepower to truly be effective and overcome the many disadvantages to boxing. However, druids allow you to pick your battles which is huge.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy