Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default I wish I could be there when the GM gets back to them

I do love the little positive messages I recieve while running my shamans around. It was being called a bot the first few dozen times that got to me.. but now I've come to terms that there are people in life, mostly ignorant, who try to put things down to make themselves feel better...

In response to "I'm going to report you" or my favorite from Sunday night "Right click reporting FTW" which aside from AV I have no clue what it means... I've decided to be as polite and curtious as possible. I say "Make sure you spell my name correctley", it's by no means clever.

Yesterday when 2 chars were talking about me one ask the other how to report me. I replied to them, even though it was certainly not directed at me. "click on the red question mark in your task bar, then open a ticket... then I think you have to select the appropriate reason.."

Do you respond when you get called a bot? or Do you just keep going on your one man army merry way?

My anti-spam method (this isn't the exact message, since I'm at work I'm making it up as I go):

Char1: /dnd This message will not be responded to. Please follow the instructions to reach a character whose whispers are monitored. Thanks for your patience. Pst Char2 for more info.

Char2: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I am not a bot. I am not a hacker. I am a multi-boxer. Multi-boxing is not breaking the ToU, and has been confirmed acceptable by GMs. Pst Char3 for more info.

Char3: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I play 5 chars on 5 accounts using 5 computers hooked up to 1 keyboard. I use in-game /assist and /follow macros. For more info on multiboxing, see www.dual-boxing.com. Pst Char4 for more info.

Char4: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I do not tolerate spam, threats, or harassment. I will answer polite questions and conversations. If you have problems with me, feel free to ticket a GM to ask any questions. If you insist on spamming/harassing/threatening me, you WILL be reported. Pst Char5 for more info.

Char5: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I do not respond to unsolicited psts without you first psting Char1. Spam/Harassment/Threats are not welcome and will be reported. Thanks for your cooperation.

This seemed to work - I set each /dnd message to a single macro that I can just press and go after I log on. Nipped spam in the bud.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

When I was doing my quests in Tirisfal at the Agamand Mills, these two kids kept going "You f--- botter, imma report you" a couple minutes later "give me gold or i will report you" a couple minutes later "i wont report you if you tell me what bot you are using"

This, of course, is after I explained that I am playing all of them... Which was met with "OMG you can't play four people at the same time, you think we are idiots?"

So far, my trip to level 25-26... I would get one or so pst. Just "lol", "pretty cool"... stuff like that.

I'm guessing it's because I usually play at around 1:00 AM server time AND I you usually don't see me because I'm either repairing, vendoring, heading to an instance or in an instances.

I do plan on making a pvp group... I'm pretty sure I'll get all kinds of pst when I do that...
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

levelling by doing instances 100% of the time has left me with very few tells. Sometimes people will see me in town and just say "lol"... I'm kinda glad I am not out in the open. This will change a bit in the outlands though
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndree
    My anti-spam method (this isn't the exact message, since I'm at work I'm making it up as I go):

Char1: /dnd This message will not be responded to. Please follow the instructions to reach a character whose whispers are monitored. Thanks for your patience. Pst Char2 for more info.

Char2: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I am not a bot. I am not a hacker. I am a multi-boxer. Multi-boxing is not breaking the ToU, and has been confirmed acceptable by GMs. Pst Char3 for more info.

Char3: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I play 5 chars on 5 accounts using 5 computers hooked up to 1 keyboard. I use in-game /assist and /follow macros. For more info on multiboxing, see www.dual-boxing.com. Pst Char4 for more info.

Char4: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I do not tolerate spam, threats, or harassment. I will answer polite questions and conversations. If you have problems with me, feel free to ticket a GM to ask any questions. If you insist on spamming/harassing/threatening me, you WILL be reported. Pst Char5 for more info.

Char5: /dnd [Pst Char1 for the 1st msg] I do not respond to unsolicited psts without you first psting Char1. Spam/Harassment/Threats are not welcome and will be reported. Thanks for your cooperation.

This seemed to work - I set each /dnd message to a single macro that I can just press and go after I log on. Nipped spam in the bud.
    Lol, genious. I think I will ninja this and do something similar

Quote Originally Posted by cepheus
    Lol, genious. I think I will ninja this and do something similar
    I'll do the same if I start getting hassled... probably in the Outlands.

It's like that "flip this card for more info", and on the back it says, "Flip the card for more info".

Should keep them busy for a bit. :P
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

during lvls 1-20 on my three locks i got plenty of the usual botter/hacker/reported pm's from people who simply will not believe what I tell them, but between 20-30 (hit 30 tonght xD ) i've been getting more lol's and cool's or just pm's from people genuinely interested in finding out how i control 3 chars at once. The majority of people also say somewhere along the line that they've seen "the video with the shamans in arena" xD

Most of the time I will try to explain and if they won't listen simply tell them to enjoy their chat with the GM.

However when I was faced with someone asking me :
    "How do you do that? Learn at walrock trainer?"

I didn't even consider trying to explain... :lol:
    Outland EU
    Pally + Shammies : Hxxc,Hxca,Hxcb,Hxcc,Hxcd

Al'Akir EU

Priest + Mages : Hxcx, Hxcl, Hxcr, Hxcll, Hxcrr

Starting out I put a real effort in trying to explain. Didn't matter what I said. Over time I just stopped caring what other people thought. In fact I go the complete other way and respond with "Ni Hoa" and follow up with "You halp feed family?". They normally stop talking to me right away. I have nothing to gain but spending 20mins per person explaining to those not interested in listening.

I say have fun with it! :lol:

That /DND message is a pretty decent idea.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

I'm with Bradster on this one. I do not respond to "inquiries" about what I'm doing any more.

In fact, I run a slightly modified anti-spam mod (WRUGS) which puts a complete stop to anyone whispering me unless... 1) they are on my friends list, 2) they are in my guild, 3) it's somebody I've whispered or 4) I've manually added them to my "whitelist".

Sometimes people still talk to me / about in area or General chat but it's very rare I respond even to that. I just don't care any more. If somebody's genuinely interested, they can always drop me an in-game mail, to which I do respond.

In the very beginning, I used to invest quite alot of time talking to people, with mixed results, but now I see everyone else as an obstruction to my leveling

I did go through a "DND" phase, but I found having <DND> tagged on all bar one of my characters drew even more attention!