Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Some advice about 5 boxing Druids

I recently switched from horde to Ally and decided to make 5 boomkins.. Goal is to do bg's & world pvp.

MY Q is since im new on ED (rppvp) server dont have any gold so would like to save on respec as much as possible. I was thinking 2 feral ( 1 tank & 1 offtank & dps melee 1 healer 2 balanced. Early on would I be able to go 5 balanced spec and still be able to tank and heal?

Does anyone have boomkins who has some inside exp they 'd like to share? Please any help will do. ALso how far will 5 druids go in PVE b4 i will need to restruct my team?

Thanks
    Cerada - Druids x5 Ally Emerald Dream

Default RE: Some advice about 5 boxing Druids

Quote Originally Posted by 'cerada',index.php?page=Thread&postID=162880#post1 62880
    I recently switched from horde to Ally and decided to make 5 boomkins.. Goal is to do bg's & world pvp.

MY Q is since im new on ED (rppvp) server dont have any gold so would like to save on respec as much as possible. I was thinking 2 feral ( 1 tank & 1 offtank & dps melee 1 healer 2 balanced. Early on would I be able to go 5 balanced spec and still be able to tank and heal?

Does anyone have boomkins who has some inside exp they 'd like to share? Please any help will do. ALso how far will 5 druids go in PVE b4 i will need to restruct my team?

Thanks
    Cerada - Druids x5 Ally Emerald Dream
    i'd help, but since you rerolled alliance.... well.... eff yew.

lol jk. in my experience, i was able to pretty easily solo every instance before northrend with 5x boomkin. i did magister's terrace on them when i was 71 with quest greens and blues. in northrend, you really need some sort of tank to do instances. looking back, what i would recommend is 1 feral tank, and then 4 full balance.. 4 balance can heal just fine so you shouldn't really NEED a dedicated healer. Or you could just spec one into boomkin for the aura, and have 3 hybrid dps/heals. I haven't really experimented with this much so you may want to change it up a bit, but i think that 1 tank, 4 casters would be the best way to go if you're planning on doing instances in northrend.
    70|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|80
    70|xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX|80!!!
    Allai, Alaii, Allei
    , Aleii, Aliee
    <B A M F>
    Boulderfist-US
    YOU CANNOT RESIST MY MOONFIRE SPAM!

tx for the input, greatly appreciated!

you just need to restruct the tank, if you're doing instances.

in pve as in leveling, stick to one spec. makes it easy. makes it easy on the pocketbook too.
    travel form at 30, so you can skip the mount cost if you want. but that's 30% speed bonus vs. 60% speed bonus for about 40 gold each druid.
    your call.

as far as questing and quest bosses, you can burn through it with five moonkins. no need for a tank.

when isntancing, 4 nerfed rejuvinations > 1 talented rejuv. that includes other heals as well, lifebloom, regrowth, and healing touch. though you'll probably never use healing touch x4 as it is overkill (overheal) for the tank. you can bear form and still get the bonuses. you wont have all the gool abilities that go with tanking, but at least you're a bit more rugged than in moonkin form. i'd mix my spec a little too to get some variety in strengths, balance/feral for your tank, and balance/resto for your dps would work wonderfully. there was someone in this forum who did 5 ferals and burned through everything as well. there's a thread somewhere in the forums here about 5 boomkins, you should read that. OP for that thread is Evilseed, so search him and you'll find his thread.

Blog Entries

My healer, on my mixed team, is a Dreamstate druid... more points in Balance then Restoration, and she can easily keep up on the heals. Basically go for Moonglow, Lunar Guidance, Dreamstate and Moonkin form, then build Resto stuff towards Nature's Swiftness and Swiftmend.

For a team of druids, one has to be feral, but the other four can be mostly balance. Moonkin form has an option for a small buff when in Moonkin form, but the biggest gain is the group spell crit buff, for which you only really need one moonkin. You could easily have one druid not cast heals, with the other three casting. So your composition might be, Feral + dedicated Moonkin/non-healer + 3x Boomkin and/or Dreamstate combination. Honestly, with 3 or 4 Balance druids, I don't think you need a whole lot of points in Resto to successfully heal. 4x Rejuvenation and 4x Regrowth is a lot of heals; early 60's, add 4x Lifebloom to that mix. If it isn't enough healing, spec one of them Dreamstate for the Swiftmend; that druid can still put out respectable Wrath, Moonfire, Insect Swarm and Starfire, but I doubt you'll need a dedicated healer.

Controlling 2 melee 3 ranged would be difficult IMO. Honestly, I would just spec em all feral for leveling. I'm sure 5 kitty mode attacks will kill anything, and if you wanan go to instances, should be pretty easy, when you get all the stacking bleed effects. Make one more tailored for bear mode, but feral is pretty good to go either way. If you go boomkins you have to wear all cloth, as there isn't much leather caster gear out there just yet. At 60 in outland, gear itemization is better, so you could respec 4 of them, 1 healer 3 boomkin (or do a dreamstate like someone suggested) Respec the first time is only like 1 gold, so you have some wiggle room. You probably will want to respec them all eventually, as you adjust. I know that some skills are very useful at lower levels, but wasted talent points at high level.

I plan on making a druid team, and am hoping for the Dual Spec feature to be awesome, so I can have 5 boomkin for questing/pvp, and respec 1 to feral tanking, 1 to deep resto, and keep 3 boomkins (or even respec them, but a more PvE suited spec than the PvP one.