Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Need info on vw vs fg in BRD.

I need to find out some data comparing voidwalkers and felguards for purposes of instance tanking at level 55. I'd like to complete BRD before it's too easy, but at the moment it's too hard, I'm wiping quite a bit. Doing affliction dot dps slowly during a boss fight, the voidwalker can't hold aggro off the priest in a few tough fights. (Disc specced, using PS with max points in threat reduction).

Does anyone have info on the following:

How much threat does the voidwalker generate with untalented torment, vs the felguard taunt?
    How about talented torment? 3/3 in improved voidwalker?
    How much armor would a voidwalker have at 55 compared with a felguard? Health?

Any info would be appreciated sir.

Four. Not sure if I should keep one afflic, two afflic, or just go for four felguards from a damage and ease of fighting perspective.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any info on the specific data I requested?

Default Re: Need info on vw vs fg in BRD.

Quote Originally Posted by l0de
    I need to find out some data comparing voidwalkers and felguards for purposes of instance tanking at level 55. I'd like to complete BRD before it's too easy, but at the moment it's too hard, I'm wiping quite a bit. Doing affliction dot dps slowly during a boss fight, the voidwalker can't hold aggro off the priest in a few tough fights. (Disc specced, using PS with max points in threat reduction).

Does anyone have info on the following:

How much threat does the voidwalker generate with untalented torment, vs the felguard taunt?
    How about talented torment? 3/3 in improved voidwalker?
    How much armor would a voidwalker have at 55 compared with a felguard? Health?

Any info would be appreciated sir.
    I have the same party make up as you. The instance you are in now is when I started changing spec, I had a lot of trouble here. This is when this party configuration starts to show its true colors in PVE without a real tank. From here it only gets harder. I've tried every spec, used potions galore, everything. From here on out if the instance doesn't con green its not going to be cleared easy. Ramparts as an example I couldn't kill the last boss until 65, even then all voidwalkers were dead, healer oom, along with a few dead locks. Outland instance mob (trash) can 3 shot a void walker and they always come with 2-5 mobs per pull.

I hope you find something that works for you.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

As soon as I hit 50, I respecced my locks all 41 demonology and never looked back. It sucked having no instant corruption for 5 levels but I had zero issues with aggro or problems clearing strat and scholo at 59. Never tried BRD as I hate how long it takes to do that instance.

I also ran Hellfire Ramparts at 62 with 3 felguards and a fel hunter. I lost one felguard on the first boss and that was it until I got to Nazan, where I wiped fast. Not saying you're wrong but my experience in there was that it took a lot more than 3 shots from instance trash to kill a felguard.

As soon as the servers are up, l0de, I'll check the armor/health stats on my FG vs a VW and let you know what they are.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Some good info sirs, thanks. I'm going to hit 55 today and try sticking all 4 locks to FG, I really think it'll be quite a bit easier than trying to individually dot so many mobs.

Also make sure to note the 15% damage reduction your FG's will receive from the demo talent. That combined with their incredible DPS over the VW's should amount to an overall better tanking experience

OK, stats on full demonology tank pets:

Felguard:
    STR 146 (+272 AP)
    AGI 102 (+5% crit)
    STA 438+133 carryover
    AP 574
    DPS 118
    AF 6848+566 carryover with demon armor up
    Health 4702

VW:
    Same stats as above, except:
    DPS 71
    AF 7872+566 carryover with demon armor up
    Health 6583

Now, IMO, the only thing VWs offer is the ability to soak up one more hit from a boss elite before dying, after which you gain aggro. Even if the VW lives longer, it can't hold aggro for shit which means it only gets hit 2-3 times anyway. :P So, it's FG all the way for me. Sure, sometimes I find things I can't do with just FGs but I wouldn't be able to do that stuff with VW's, either. And some stuff I can do with FGs I most definitely can't do with VWs due to aggro issues. A point I think is probably understated is the difference having Mana Feed talent makes for extended fight aggro. It gives the FG about 1/3 of his mana back every time I hit life tap, so he can spam cleaves, taunts, intercepts, etc. pretty much until I die.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)