Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Boosting with help=Ban?

Hey all, new guy here. Im currently triple boxing and had my roommate boost/power me though the SM. Awesome fun, lots of cloth and huge XP with my RAF three box mages. Here's the question:

What is Suvega talking about in the WIKI as far as "ACCOUNT YOU EVER MULTIBOX NEEDS TO BE IN THE SAME NAME. PERIOD. YOU WILL GET BANNED. YOU WILL GET BANNED. GGGGGGGggGGgGG." ?

I i mean im understanding that if i where to power level, or boost in a way that BLizz thinks im gunna sell the toons at lvl 80 i could get banned, but all three of my accounts are paid on my credit card, all have the same last name, my name. The only thing is when i created the accounts i used two diffrent first names. My Wife's and Son's to keep things organized. Is this bannable?

It might be nothing, but i figured id ask.

hasta la rasta pasta

p.s. forgive my spelling. sooo tired.
    Pizzzom Pizzzyro Bizzznatch! X3

Playing an account that's not in your name = forbidden.
    Multiboxing = you will get GM attention.
    Multiboxing using several accounts with names that don't match = GMs will find out in short order = the accounts will get banned.

Any questions?

3 Accounts:

2 Situations:

Account 1: Bob Green=safe to play

Account 2: Bob Green=safe to play

Account 3: Bob green=safe to play

Account 1: Davy Erikson=not safe to play, you dont own 3 accounts with the same name at Contact info.

Account 2: Kim Kawasaki=not safe to play, you dont own 3 accounts with the same name at Contact info.

Account 3: Eric Stepward=not safe to play, you dont own 3 accounts with the same name at Contact info.

Edit: Names were made up ;>

Kind regards,

-Totemic
    Bladefist EU:
    ÖverdöseÒverdòseÓverdóseÔverdôse
    StõmpdòwnStòmpdõwnStómpdõwnStõmpdówn

I've got another question:
    If i was playing 2 accounts with the same name, but if i was helping them with another account (which belongs to a friend of mine) - is this bannable?

It is if you're playing it.
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU
    Level 96 Unholy Deathknight - Unholy Deathknight
    Level 90 Protection Paladin - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Restoration Shaman
    Level 71-76 Guardian Druid - Frost Mage - Destruction Warlock - Beast Mastery Hunter - Discipline Priest

It isn't your wife's account - it is your DAUGHTER's account <wink wink>.

You can 'share' accounts with your underage children - but not your spouse. I guess because your kids don't really own anything - you own it/are responsible for it.

let me see if I can dig up the actual verbage-

Eligibility.
    You represent that you are an adult in your country of residence. You agree to these Terms of Use on behalf of yourself and, at your discretion, for one (1) minor child for whom you are a parent or guardian and whom you have authorized to use the account you create on the Service.
    Anyway - aside from all that - you aren't going to have any trouble.

The child thing only works if it's under your name. I.e. the child of the person it's registered to can use it.

Multibox accounts with different names and you will be banned. Usually in very short order. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 'cheaj',index.php?page=Thread&postID=161828#post16 1828
    I've got another question:
    If i was playing 2 accounts with the same name, but if i was helping them with another account (which belongs to a friend of mine) - is this bannable?
    If you are playing the account that belongs to your friend, then that is something you will get banned for because the account belongs to your friend, not you.

If your friend is playing his own account, and helping you, then you will be safe.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

People, please don't suggest ways around WoW's ToS.
    Basilikos
    Icecrown US Alliance

Mixed Group of Unholy DeathKnight, Holy Priest, Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Arcane Mage, Balance/Restoration Druid
    Second Mixed group of Protection Paladin, Discipline Priest, Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Affliction Warlock

5 Balance Druids - Shelved at 65
    Holy Priest and 4 Warlocks - Shelved at 71
    Protection Paladin and 4 Shadow Priests - Shelved at 60
    5 Elemental Shaman - Shelved at 60

the answer is no. you will not get banned.

if you're playing your RAF accounts (thats under your name) and your friend is on HIS account boosting you... then there is nothing wrong with that.