Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Level 80 Shaman Spell Rotation

Guys,

I run with prot pally + 3 elemental shamans + 1 resto shaman, and I've problems getting the dps up on the shaman.

On a good day, Tuffgrin, my best equipped one breaks 1000 dps, sometimes topping out at 1100 - The others can barely even top at breaking 1000 - My understanding from some posts here is that I should be able to quiet comfortably break 1000, even with the gear I have.

My current spell rotation is LB+LB+CL, which seem to be what most shaman do on elitits jerks - Any advice how to fix this?

Armory links:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&n=Tuffgrin
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&n=Baldgrin
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&n=Meangrin

Any advice appreciated...
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

Where is Lavaburst in your rotation? Should be something like Flame Shock, Lava burst, Chain Lightning, LB, LB, Lava Burst and then only flame shocking as necessary to keep it up.

Easiest I found was just a /castrandom Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt and spam the hell out if it (really really push that button fast or you will have some pauses.) With that I can manage 2500ish dps in a raid, which aint too bad. However in a group setting I would say drop chain lightning from the macro and use it only when you have multiple mobs in order to conserve mana.

Yeah there are a LOT of things wrong with LB+LB+CL, the first of which is that /castsequence is not a good thing to use - it will cost you dps because there is a delay between items. Not only that but theres no need to use a castsequence on a shaman. You're better off just using a castrandom and throwing all your DPS spells into it such as:

/castrandom Lightning Bolt,Chain Lightning,Lava Burst

You would then open up a fight by using flameshock x3 and then you could start spamming the above macro. I can tell you thats basically all I do and my elemental shamans hit around 1600 dps, and I never refresh flameshock, if I did it would be higher.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

For solo play (or maybe with simular geared multibox setup, especially haste) it's probably best to go by a priority casting rotation. Lava Burst is currently by far your biggest nuke and should definitly be used in your rotation.

If you don't glyph Flame Shock you could probably make a static rotation, but you'll loose dps for not glyphing it (but static rotations are easier to box). You could go with Glyph of Lava, Lightning Bolt (or maybe CL) and Flametongue for this. Depending on haste you'll end up with something like Flame Shock, Lava Burst, LB, CL, LB, LB.

For best dps you will want to go by a priority rotation. Glyphs: Flame shock, Lava and Flametongue (of Lightning Bolt if you have mana problems now, always from 3.08). What you do is just make sure Flame Shock is always on your target before you cast Lava Burst, then prioritise Lava Burst -> Chain Lightning depending on c/d, fill with LB. This isn't easy to not mess up if you have high latency or with the lag the servers (or at least mine) has been having lately, so probably not the easiest to box.

Default get the glyphs

get the glyph that prevents flame shock from being burned up by a lava burst. ( sorry, couldn't look them up from wowarmary )
    a few other like more mana from water shield and I think there was one for lightning bolt.

lazy mans cast, max dps and only lightly mana expensive when flame shock is cast too soon
    /castrandom flame shock, lava burst,lightning bolt

and a manually applied shocks ( extream mana efficient used for raid boss fights )
    /cast [mod] flame shock
    /castrandom lava burst,lightning bolt

or both so you can start a fight with a flame shock and it will re-apply whenever it can
    /cast [mod] flame shock
    /castrandom flame shock, lava burst,lightning bolt

I usually start the fight with a flame shock ( alt+this macro)
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

Try:

Code:
    /castsequence Flame Shock, Lavaburst,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Lava Burst,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    Macro will cast Flame Shock>Lavaburst>LB>LB>LB etc, Lavaburst>More LBs> repeat.

Here is a good one Fursphere posted that I started using. I am a button basher so this improved my dps a bit.

Elemental Shaman DPS macro figured out.

Check out this post.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010