Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Multiclass - Lost!

Hai!

I've been playing 4 shamans for almost a year now .. It's alot of fun, but since wotlk I haven't had any real main character (raids/single arena etc). I do however have a rogue, hunter, mage and druid all level 70 and very well geared, except for the mage. So in the last 2 days, I've been playing around with a multiclass setup, without much luck! I have the basic knowledge about boxing and 'extra' compared to the 'starter', but it's really difficult for me to figure out a way to use the abilities of each character - I am aware that a multiclass setup is not as effective as any single class setup.
    In the long end, it's my idea to get the characters to 80 and use one of them as a main character.

I am aware that there's at least a few multiclass boxers, but how do you manage?! If you have ANY mix of the classes I listed, would you explain how you linked their abilities? Tips, tricks, macros .. whatever that can lead me towards a more effective setup I'd really like to see your setup, whatever it may include!

If you're lazy, just zip your WTF folder, write which characters you play in your mix and upload it somewhere. I'll analyze it myself! (you might want to remove your account names, if you're scared of such things).

Creazil

EDIT: When I finish my setup, i'll show it here

Thanks for the reply!

If you have the macros, for hunter and druid - would you mind copy/paste them here? /castrandom for a hunter is confusing me, cause of steady shot etc.

My first thought: You miss alot important/strong abilities? That would be things like Blast Wave, Typhoon, Starfall .. etc - alot of different abilities, how do you handle these?

Another thing: How do you handle pets?

Rated Arena Member

Default ok this my hunter macro

/assist focus
    /petattack
    /cast Hunter's Mark

keep pets on passive for pve

/assist focus
    /castsequence reset=5 Serpent Sting,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot
    /castrandom [target=pettarget,exists] Kill Command
    /castrandom Kill Shot

Melle macro

/assist focus
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat/2 Raptor Strike,Wing Clip
    /castrandom Mongoose Bite
    /follow focus

or i use this for my 19 hunter twinks

/assist focus
    /petAttack
    /startattack
    /castrandom Raptor Strike,Wing Clip,Mongoose Bite,Immolation Trap
    /follow focus

Hope that helps some

Quote Originally Posted by 'Budkin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166758#post1 66758
    /castrandom Kill Shot
    Dumb question here, but, what's the advantage of "castrandom" over "cast" when there's only one spell to follow?

Rated Arena Member

Default well

/cast wont work 2 times in same macro

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166779#po st166779
    Kill Command is a "buff" you put on your pet.

/castrandom kill shot, kill command

would work just fine.
    But your using YOUR GCD to do it (i think). So it wont work
    The /castrandom will work but:
    /cast Kill shot
    /cast Kill Command
    wont work, or wait will it :/

Rated Arena Member

Default all i no

that macro works

Default Ultra simple multiclassing .

I have had alot of fun retalenting people. Boomkin or restro, holy or shadow.

the most important thing is to download "Smartbuff" so your guys will buff each other faster .

For macros, the easiest thing to do would be

a follow macro
    a target macro

then just keyclone a white list so that only a few keys are broadcast (like all the numbers)

I am pretty sure, once properly learned, the game will be mashable for PVE.

paladin
    /cast consecration
    /start attack

hunter
    /petattack
    /cast auto shot

warlock
    /petattack
    /cast shadowbolt

druid
    /cast wildgrowth

priest
    /cast smite

I think using these spells will get the classes to perform at at least 70% efficiency, and
    a recent post of people testing /castsequence shows it costs at least a bit.
    I just figured out that I can petattack and cast in every macro to keep my pets always fighting. (keep them on passive or your targeting gets weird)

I use a gorilla and a void walker as backup AOE tanks

one nice thing if you make your standard attack this simple is if you have a nice mouse you can bind it to the
    wheel. My wheel is a g9 and can spam the key as fast as I want.

*note - as a min max wanna be I constantly copy paste and rewrite my macros looking for improvement-
    if I spent more time with my simple set up I would be 80 by now

Hello

I have a multiclass setup consisting of a resto shaman, paladin (tank), mage and moonkin. I am only quadboxing here but the obvious toon to add to this caster dps setup would be an ele shaman with totem of wrath. The synergy between all of the buffs makes this a far more viable setup than just playing a single class. At least for pve situations.

What you need to consider are all the possible situations that will arise when you play and plan ahead. When you have considered this you make a macros that fit your needs for all those situations. For example button 4 causes you paladin to spam a dps/threat rotation, frostbolts on your mage, wrath/starfire on your druid and healing wave on your shaman. Another button does exactly the same except now you switch to using a riptide/chain heal macro on your resto shaman. Or lets say you know situations where your healer will need to spam a lot and will go oom. Then you make a macro which inervates him and casts mana tide totem. Multiclassing just hinges on you knowing the possibilites of the classes you play and utilizing the synergies between them. The drawback is that with more classes the complexity increases so you will need a lot more hotkeys than you probably are used to with your single class setup.

Vêrst