Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29

If you use the same spell in all 3 places you could reduce your macro to

/cast [help][help, target=targettarget][target=player] Heal Spell

or using it as you have it

/cast [help] Heal Spell; [help, target=targettarget] Heal Spell; [target=player] Heal Spell

it could be

/cast [help] Heal Spell; [help, target=targettarget] Big Heal Spell; [target=player] Quick Heal Spell; [harm] Attack

of course it would never get to the attack in this case but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bettysue',index.php?page=Thread&postID=162423#pos t162423
    If you use the same spell in all 3 places you could reduce your macro to

/cast [help][help, target=targettarget][target=player] Heal Spell

or using it as you have it

/cast [help] Heal Spell; [help, target=targettarget] Heal Spell; [target=player] Heal Spell

it could be

/cast [help] Heal Spell; [help, target=targettarget] Big Heal Spell; [target=player] Quick Heal Spell; [harm] Attack

of course it would never get to the attack in this case but you get the idea.
    I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Are you responding to Ualaa's post or is this about the barkskin/heal question? If I'm reading your post correctly, then as long as I'm targeting a friendly unit (which could be myself) then it would cast heal... not what I was intending at all.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

I'm at work so I can't test this macro out. However, I'm more interested in the logic and structure.

Scenarios: players AAA, BBB, CCC

AAA is master
    BBB, CCC are slaves

Macro for all toons:
    /assist AAA
    /cast [help,target=targettarget]Barkskin; [help,target=targettarget] Healing Touch(Rank 14)

Scenario 1: AAA needs heals
    I am controlling AAA and highlight AAA in WoW. Then I run the macro.
    AAA assists AAA which leads to his target being AAA. AAA casts Barkskin at the target which is successful and the macro completes
    BBB assists AAA which leads to his target being AAA. Now comes the confusing circle part. The target of AAA is AAA, and the target of AAA is AAA. BBB attempts to cast Barkskin on AAA which fails.*** Since the first part fails it goes to the second part which is to cast healing touch at AAA. This part succeeds.
    CCC does the same thing as BBB.

***I'm not sure if Barkskin will actually fail. I have auto-selfcast turned off and I believe it does work the first time, but repeated mashing fails.

Scenario 2: BBB needs heals
    I am controlling AAA and I highlight BBB in WoW. Then I run the macro.

AAA assists AAA which leads to his target being BBB. The problem is I'm not sure who BBB is targeting at the moment because it depends on how quickly the macro is being executed on BBB. If BBB macro is running fast enough, then BBB has already gone through the "assist" part and is properly targeting himself (BBB). If the macro is too slow, then BBB could be targeting XXX and who knows who XXX is targeting.

If BBB is correctly assisting AAA and therefore targeting BBB, then I believe everything would work fine.

Hmmm, so stepping through the proccess leads me to believe that I need to hit two buttons. One to cause everyone to assist the leader and a second to run the barkskin/healing macro. I think the problem is that since I'm using target's target I need to make sure that everyone is on the same page before continuing.

Any thoughts, Bettysue? I tried walking through the "/target" in the first line instead of the "/assist" but I ran into the same problem... I don't know who the slaves are targeting at that exact moment in time if their macro hasn't updated quicklky enough.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

/cast [help,target=targettarget]Barkskin; [help,target=targettarget] Healing Touch

It will never cast Healing touch. First, the IF-statements are exactly the same, which will make the 2nd statement fail if the 1st did. Secondly, the macro will never be able to cast Healing Touch since when Barkskin is on cooldown it will say "Spell is not ready" and the macro will stop. It doesn't automatically go to the next spell in the chain.

Blizzard have been smart enough to remove all the features in which when you target a special person a special spell will be cast. I believe the only way to make sure the correct character cast barkskin is to either use modifiers or a button for each character.

Yes my previous reply was in response to Ualaa sorry for the confusion...

Golle it does cast Healing touch if the first one fails. This is because Barkskin can only be cast on yourself, it's and instant cast meaning it can be cast in the same line as a global cooldown triggering spell, if and only if the barkskin cast fails. The logic here is all toons target a mob, the mob targets toonA, press your button and toonA will cast barkskin on the targets target or in this case himself. ToonB will attempt to cast Barkskin on an invalid target (toonA) and will then cast the healing touch on the targets target or toonA. This works fine for me so not sure what is causing the problem for you. This only works for spells that are selfcast only. Other spells will do exactly what you stated and fail. You will also have a problem where toonA will continually try to cast Barkskin on himself because he is a valid target for the spell on cooldown which will exist the macro. This means it's a great "emergency" heal macro, not really a spam heal macro.

The problem is that any conditional you have will be True in the situations you have described:

[help] - this checks if the target is friendly to you... if you have yourself targeted it will evaluate to true

[party] - this checks if the target is in your party ... same as above

[target = player] - this is not a conditional, this is an assignment so you could do the following:

/cast [harm] Moon Fire; [target = player] Barkskin

This would cast Moon Fire if you had something harmful targeted, otherwise it would cast Barkskin on your toon. The reverse, however, would not work:

/cast [target = player] Barkskin; [harm] Moon Fire

This would only ever cast Barkskin, because there isn't a conditional happening (and you can only cast 1 spell in a macro).

I hope that clarifies some limitations to the macro system.
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 2xMage, Warlock, Priest
    Paldius, Magria, Magrib, Walina, Priset
    Currently:
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 3xWarlock, Shaman
    Ghallo, Warlisia, Warlisib, Warlisic, Pleo!

Blog Entries

The game reads conditions, left to right, and goes with the first one which is true or doable.
    In the case of: /cast [help, target=targettarget] Barkskin .... this is only true if the targettarget is the casting player, because barkskin is self cast only.

If you want Heal on another target or barkskin on yourself, go with something like:

/assist [target=party1]
    /cast [help] Heal Spell; [help, target=targettarget] Heal Spell; [target=player] Barkskin.

Clicking this and your toon assists the party leader (or the current focus (ie /assist focus) if that is how you determine assists). If the target is friendly, it casts the heal. If the target is not friendly, it moves on to the second target sequence, which is the heal spell on the target of the target. This will almost always return as true, because your party leader will be targeting a hostile who in turn targets someone hostile to them but friendly to you. If both of these conditions are false (ie, assist's target is hostile and that creature's target is also hostile to you), it defaults to you casting barkskin on yourself.

To have a spell cast Barkskin on yourself but another spell on someone else, you need a logic arguement where the (targeting for the) spell to be cast on someone else will not be true when you are the target, but will be true for someone else. I'm not sure how this would work, but you'd need to use logic to that effect.

I think you can use something near [Stance=1] barksin
    i remember seen it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Shavi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=167254#post16 7254
    I think you can use something near [Stance=1] barksin
    i remember seen it somewhere.
    that would have been great in 2.4, but now we're able to use barkskin in form. so.... back to square one. =/