Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 29

http://www.wowwiki.com/Complex_heal_macro_notes

/script if (UnitName("target") ~=nil and UnitIsFriend("player","target")) then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 9)") SendChatMessage("Healing %T", "Party") else TargetUnit("player") CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 9)") TargetLastEnemy(); end

You should be able to do as you want by modifying the above.

Something like:

/script if UnitName("target") =yurname then ... else castspellbyname

Anyway this is the key:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:API_UnitName

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sam DeathWalker',index.php?page=Thread&postID=161167#p ost161167

/script if (UnitName("target") ~=nil and UnitIsFriend("player","target")) then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 9)") SendChatMessage("Healing %T", "Party") else TargetUnit("player") CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 9)") TargetLastEnemy(); end

Wow, many thanks Sam! Happy holidays all!
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Damn, it looks like Blizzard removed the ability to cast spells using a conditional statement. In other words, the CastSpellByName doesn't seem to work if nested in an if statement.

I'm trying to figure out a way out of this problem. For example, I'd be fine if I couldn't cast Barkskin. Really what I want is for that druid who needs healing to ignore the heal command so he doesn't shapeshift out. The only way I can think is to check if the player targeted equals self (using the /script command mentioned) and if so then exit out of the macro. However, I don't know how to call "/stopmacro" from the script command.

Any idea?

You can't use if statements, or castspellbyname while in combat. The best way you can achieve what you want to do is using another level of target target. In the FTL system you usually have the concerned character find the target of his spell by asking for the target of another character. Now you have 1 thing working for you here, barkskin can only be cast on yourself. In order to achieve what you want to do you may have to turn off the auto self cast option. Then use the following macro

Code:
    /target [mod:alt,mod:ctrl]Owltoid;[mod:alt,nomod:ctrl]Owlive;[nomod:alt,mod:ctrl]Weirdowl
    /cast [target=targettargettarget,help] Barkskin; [help][target=targettargettarget][target=targettarget] Healing Touch; [target=targettarget,harm] Moonfire
    /targetlasttarget
    What will happen is it will find the target selected in the assist line and find his target, then it will look at the target of that target, if it's helpful it will cast barkskin. The ability to cast barkskin would only occur in 2 situations, the main is targeting themself, or the main is targeting the dps target and the dps target is now targeting the guy who just pulled aggro.
    The other druids would have a false in that step and would move on to the next conditional and cast Healing Touch on the newly barkskinned druid. If you switch targets to the druid with aggro they will still be able to cast healing Touch because of the second check in the second part. If they can't find someone to heal they will revert to a druids real purpose in life moonfire spam on the red guys
    The third line just makes the druid target the last thing he was targeting before trying this heal/barkskin business. You can omit this line with no consequence. Oh and make note of the /target vs /assist in the first line, this will make it work, /assist may not.

Feel free to change the names of spells and whatnot, Im not a druid and that's the spells I could remember offhand. I didn't try this macro in WoW so if it's too long take out the first line and place that in it's own macro, then drag that macro to the furthest righthandside vertical bar's top button and put "/click MultiBarRightButton1" in as the first line.

I use key clone for my FTL set up, but I would think HKN would have the ability to do key mappings like KeyClone does.
    That being said, I would set up two buttons on each druid
    Macro1 (bound to key 1)
    /cast barkskin

Macro2 (bound to key 2)
    /cast [mod:CTRL,nomod:ALT,nomod: SHIFT,target=ToonA][nomod:CTRL,mod:ALT,nomod: SHIFT,target=ToonB][nomod:CTRL,nomod:ALT,mod: SHIFT,target=ToonC]
    Healing Touch

Then would make the following key map

ToonA
    1 -> Barkskin
    Alt+2 -> Barkskin
    Shift+2 -> Barkskin

ToonB
    1 -> Barkskin
    CTRL+2 -> Barkskin
    SHIFT+2 -> Barkskin

ToonC
    1 -> Barkskin
    CTRL+2 -> Barkskin
    ALT+2 -> Barkskin

This way, which ever your "leader" character is would barkskin, the other two would heal it.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sam DeathWalker',index.php?page=Thread&postID=161167#p ost161167

Something like:

/script if UnitName("target") =yurname then ... else castspellbyname

Anyway this is the key:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:API_UnitName
    CastSpellByName has been disabled by blizzard. Same thing with TargetUnit.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bettysue',index.php?page=Thread&postID=161292#pos t161292
    You can't use if statements, or castspellbyname while in combat. The best way you can achieve what you want to do is using another level of target target. In the FTL system you usually have the concerned character find the target of his spell by asking for the target of another character. Now you have 1 thing working for you here, barkskin can only be cast on yourself. In order to achieve what you want to do you may have to turn off the auto self cast option. Then use the following macro

Code:
    /target [mod:alt,mod:ctrl]Owltoid;[mod:alt,nomod:ctrl]Owlive;[nomod:alt,mod:ctrl]Weirdowl 
    /cast [target=targettargettarget,help] Barkskin; [help][target=targettargettarget][target=targettarget] Healing Touch; [target=targettarget,harm] Moonfire 
    /targetlasttarget
    What will happen is it will find the target selected in the assist line and find his target, then it will look at the target of that target, if it's helpful it will cast barkskin. The ability to cast barkskin would only occur in 2 situations, the main is targeting themself, or the main is targeting the dps target and the dps target is now targeting the guy who just pulled aggro.
    The other druids would have a false in that step and would move on to the next conditional and cast Healing Touch on the newly barkskinned druid. If you switch targets to the druid with aggro they will still be able to cast healing Touch because of the second check in the second part. If they can't find someone to heal they will revert to a druids real purpose in life moonfire spam on the red guys
    The third line just makes the druid target the last thing he was targeting before trying this heal/barkskin business. You can omit this line with no consequence. Oh and make note of the /target vs /assist in the first line, this will make it work, /assist may not.

Feel free to change the names of spells and whatnot, Im not a druid and that's the spells I could remember offhand. I didn't try this macro in WoW so if it's too long take out the first line and place that in it's own macro, then drag that macro to the furthest righthandside vertical bar's top button and put "/click MultiBarRightButton1" in as the first line.
    Wow, this is a very interesting idea. Thank you! I appreciate the help of other posters in this thread, but a couple have mentioned using alternate keys for depending on who I'm healing or assuming that my current lead toon is the one getting damage... that's not exactly what I was asking for.

I tried out your macro, Bettysue, with a few modifications. It seemed to work well for the first heal. It didn't matter who I targeted, the "healed" would cast barkskin and the "healers" would cast the heal correctly. However, after the first button push all would continue to try to cast barkskin instead of healing.

I'm really using this for arena and I'm second guessing my original attempts. I think that your idea may actually work well enough. I mean lets be honest, if I'm trying to heal the whole time then I'm screwed anyway. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep starfall or go with a nature swiftness build for some instant healing. If I go with the instant healing, then I'll likely use your macro since I'll only allow myself one massive quick heal and then back to DPS.

Changing the following section:
    Code:
    [help][target=targettargettarget][target=targettarget] Healing Touch
    to:
    Code:
    [target=targettargettarget,help][target=targettarget,help] Healing Touch
    may remedy the screwy one heal Imma stand there thing. I'll try it on my shamans with a different spellset of course to make sure it works but there really is no reason it shouldn't work that way. Don't forget a /stopcasting at the beginning if you want to use it as an emergency heal. Anywho (no pun intended) good luck

Blog Entries

My heals are mostly:
    /cast [help] Heal Spell; [help, target=targettarget] Heal Spell; [target=player] Heal Spell.

Not sure if you could have different spells in there depending on target.