Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default A way to pass some keys ONLY to slave?

Hi,

I have just started dual-boxing, and need a bit of help on character movement. Is there a way to set up Keyclone so that it will send some keys to the slave, but not apply them to the currently active window?

I am running two characters, and want to be able to use the arrow keys to move the one that isn't active at the moment. I have added wasd to the "do-not-pass" list so I can move the main character around freely if required, but I like to use the arrow keys to move my second character into combat if required.

I am currently using a focus system for follow/assist etc.

If it isn't possible to have keys only passed to the non-active window, I suppose the alternative would be to bind/unbind the keys as part of the PiP switch macro (the one that changes my focus). Is this possible?

Thanks!

Keyclone doesn't send anything to the active window. The keyboard does.

So, no. But you can always just unbind them so they get sent but do nothing.

if you desperatly need this option for the movement keys, you could simply use hotkeynet together with keyclone to realise this....
    (if you want to go down this route, simply tell me, i can give you the needed script...)
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

This is one of the main differences between a broadcasting program and a hotkey program. Like Algol says, "Keyclone doesn't send anything to the active window. The keyboard does."

But with a hotkey program, you redefine the key to do precisely what you want and nothing more. If you want the key to send to the active window, it will, and if you don't, it won't. You're in charge.

This is why I think it's a mistake to think of hotkey programs as emulators of multiplexing hardware. You can use them for that purpose but in fact they are more general and more powerful than that.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Thanks for the quick replies - that actually makes sense, now that I read it!

*wanders off to check how to bind keys automatically*

what I did was bind <ctrl> wasd to forward back and strafe, set them to pass and use those to move the team as a whole.
    I also bound the "back" button on my mouse to <ctrl> so this makes things a lot easier. I actually have all my modifier keys bound on my mouse and I am finding that it makes everything a lot smoother now. My left hand is not getting cramped from contorting to get all the modifiers hit.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tynk',index.php?page=Thread&postID=156167#post156 167
    what I did was bind <ctrl> wasd to forward back and strafe, set them to pass and use those to move the team as a whole.
    I also bound the "back" button on my mouse to <ctrl> so this makes things a lot easier. I actually have all my modifier keys bound on my mouse and I am finding that it makes everything a lot smoother now. My left hand is not getting cramped from contorting to get all the modifiers hit.
    I don't think this will work for me - I want to set some keys to only move the character I am not directly controlling - the currently active character generally ends up in the right place, because I have full control over it, the secondary character has to rely on "follow".

Thanks for the ideas though!

Edit:

This might be of use to some people:

On the keybinding to switch PiP to the second toon (on Toon1):
    /focus Toon2
    /script SetBinding("UP", "MOVEFORWARD")
    /script SetBinding("LEFT", "TURNLEFT")
    /script SetBinding("DOWN", "MOVEBACKWARD")
    /script SetBinding("RIGHT", "TURNRIGHT")

and on the same keybinding for Toon2
    /focus Toon2
    /script SetBinding("UP")
    /script SetBinding("LEFT")
    /script SetBinding("DOWN")
    /script SetBinding("RIGHT")

Obviously, these are reversed on the keybinding to switch back to the other character.

This will make it so the arrow keys will only move the non-active toon, and let me keep WASD for the active character.