Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default 3-box pve class makeup, hunter vs warlock for dps slot.

I'm currently in process of leveling some characters to 3-box with my main account. On the main i have:
    71 priest
    72 mage
    65 dk
    55 warlock

I was planning on going a dk tank, shammy healer and either lock or hunter for the dps slot (i have a 72 druid and a 70 on another server so didn't want either of those)
    I wanted to try and do some instance runs solo if possible or grab a couple dps if needed. I'm guessing to be able to achieve that with only 3 chars i need to outlevel/outgear the instance somewhat. What would people recommend at this point? My DK is locked in as the tank for now, and I thought the shammy works well as a healer in a smaller group since they bring some great extras with the totems. Warlock DOTs may get to run full course with less overall DPS? Are either of those too micro management to use effectively? Not sure if CC from one or the other is superior? lock gets succy mez, hunter has freeze trap. I'd rather not use a mage for the DPS slot since i already have one of those, and so would prefer to perhaps roll up a pally tank on one of the other accounts later on to group with my mage.

Personaly i would take the hunter over the warlock, simply because its much easier to play.
    I'm running currently a bm-hunter in my team and he out-dps my mage and spriest simply because he is so simple to manage.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 'olipcs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=154592#post1 54592
    Personaly i would take the hunter over the warlock, simply because its much easier to play.
    I'm running currently a bm-hunter in my team and he out-dps my mage and spriest simply because he is so simple to manage.
    Why is he easier to manage? do you just have autoshot + pet? Do you use traps at all for CC? What about steady shot, does that need to be triggered on a regular basis? (I haven't really played a hunter high enough to know how simple they are to box)

I was thinking of going a SB spam type spec perhaps to avoid the micromanagement of DOTs.

Another factor i considered was that with a lock, shammy and DK, i can make use of most gear, is better to diversify armour types, or stick to 1-2 types so you can focus your efforts on the specific instances that drop the armour type in question?