Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Rated Arena Member

Default Lets talk about Death Knights.

So instead of going with the pally as my tank I have chosen to go with the DK. I feel that they bring alot to the table and its something I will actually enjoy playing when im by myself and I dont want to box. That being said I have been looking over the 3 different specs. What is going to end up being the best for tanking? Im kinda leaning toward Unholy as it just seems like its more about the AOE dmg than the other 3 and it doesnt really rely on unholy presence to be running to make it better (unlike blood). That being said what do you think? what are some of your builds you are thinking about lets really do some theory craft here..

Here is my current spec.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0xZ0xZbx0Ixcoxcq0csut
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

I know I run frost, and my tanking tends to go Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil to infect and build aggro on a group, followed by strings of Howling Blast or Obliterate (depending on whether I'm building single target or multitarget threat) with Rune Strikes and Frost Strikes thrown in for good measure until the disease timer is up, at which point I reapply and continue.

Now this isn't remotely helpful for an unholy DK, as I haven't looked in to how they tank, but I thought I'd toss it out anyway.

I agree with going unholy as the best-suited for multiboxing tank. Frost more for single-target/raid tanking. That being said, my DKs only at 65 atm and on a different team than my 5 shammies right now as I bring him up. So, caveat emptor. Unholy brings you the best AoE tools plus the epic Ebon Plaguebringer +12% spell damage (you DO have 4 shammies to unload that damage).

As far as builds, I'm thinking about foregoing Toughness in Tier One of the frost tree. A 15% armor boost comes out to about 3-4% additional damage mitigation at level 80 armor levels, against physical attacks only, for 5 talent points. Improved Frost Fever seems to be a much better deal - a 6% melee/ranged attacker slow down, for only 3 talent points.

I also just can't live without Unholy Aura. A 15% party movement speed bonus without the Aspect of the Dazed effect is just too sweet. Running my five shammies now is painful.

Here's my stab at a talent build. Probably the AMZ is of limited use in instances but I figure it will be helpful in PvP.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...53121203133151
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

Rated Arena Member

some great replies lets get some more in here and start to build a knowledge base so that the DK can be a good tank
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

Quote Originally Posted by 'emesis',index.php?page=Thread&postID=153862#post1 53862
    I agree with going unholy as the best-suited for multiboxing tank. Frost more for single-target/raid tanking. That being said, my DKs only at 65 atm and on a different team than my 5 shammies right now as I bring him up. So, caveat emptor. Unholy brings you the best AoE tools plus the epic Ebon Plaguebringer +12% spell damage (you DO have 4 shammies to unload that damage).
    Frost is also pretty good if you are running a melee-boxing group and don't have a shaman in there.

i got my war for tanking...i decided to do dps with the DK so hes gonna be primarily blood (zomg!).
    ("\(O.o)/") rawr!!