Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Simple Question

Default Simple Question

Well, I have just some simple questions. I have started dualboxing as Rogue and a Warrior where the Warrior is main so far. And I wonder if u have like a follow macro keybinded since everytime my Rogue atks it stops to follow. And I also wonder how you loot. Since it is very lol to tab to the other WoW just to loot.
    And also. I am using AutoHotkey and when I am clicking the key 1 more then once it clicks the 9 button to where I have WotF, so everytime WotF is out of Cd it uses WotF. Anything to do about it ?

You can make every ability button on the rogue be a macro button that says

/do_whatever
    /follow warrior

That's kinda lame but it should help, that way everytime your warrior does a 1 through = action, the rogue does whatever his corresponding action is as well as follows.

Quote Originally Posted by fling
    You can make every ability button on the rogue be a macro button that says

/do_whatever
    /follow warrior

That's kinda lame but it should help, that way everytime your warrior does a 1 through = action, the rogue does whatever his corresponding action is as well as follows.
    You'll want to do this. If the mob repositions (happens a lot), then you'll be moving around a lot with your warrior. You don't want the rogue facing somewhere else swinging at nothing because of that. I would put a "/follow main" on every single attack for the rogue. I do it with my paladin and it works fine (follow on every action except for healing... don't want her to get interrupted).

As far as looting, are you using Maximizer? Even if you're not you should still be able to position the windows to where it makes it easier to mouse over the corpse on your alt.

I don't completely understand your AHK issue. Are you saying you have something bound to "1" and sometimes it fires something that's bound to "9"?

Default Re: Simple Question

Quote Originally Posted by Moon
    And I also wonder how you loot. Since it is very lol to tab to the other WoW just to loot.
    I would suggest on changing looting in group to free-for-all and loot only with your main (exceptions to this are collection quest if you do them)

Hope this helps

loot: free-for-all

just loot with your main, if you main got all the quest items complete continue looting the mobs with your main while checking the monitor of your toon. if the corpse is still blinking after the main char looted it, there is a quest item in it.

in instances try the loot master to move BOP Boss Loots to your toons
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

btw /ffa will put you in free for all looting mode...

Thank you for the answers.

And the problem with AHK is for example:
    My Warrior has Heroic Strike on key 1 and WotF on key 9, and when I press key 1 a few times in a row it clicks the key 9 too on my Rogue, not on my Warrior. So as I am doing Heroic Strike and Sinister Strike my Rogue pops WotF here and there. And I have taken the script from the AHK post.

please post your ahk script /em cringes in case it is a copy of Sorn's

Suggestion: If you have an assist macro for your ranged dps, anything but hunters, go to your interface and take off the "Attack on Assist" so if you cast spell and they get close to the ranged dps, they won't melee the target therefore won't lose the follow.

I rarely have to press my follow key ever.

The script is actually from Sorn.
    And now I have tested to make the Rogue my main. But when I click the follow macro the Warrior moves close to me and the he stops to follow, sometimes he doesn't even reach me before he stops following me.
    There are no hints or anything in the way.
    And if Sorn's code doesn't work. What should I do? Since I am a nub on scripting :/