Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Question about Innerspace functionality limitations

Lax, if you read this, you may want to make a public forum over on your site for questions from people thinking about subscribing. It looks like everything on the forums is locked down, or I'd ask there instead of here. On to my actual question:

I'm a long-time keyclone user, but I have experience with Innerspace from long ago, including a limited amount of dev experience. I would be interested in playing around with Innerspace some more after learning about the advantages and flexibility it can allow, but I am hesitant. I believe it is safe, because I know how it works, however I do want to make sure I want to expose myself even that small bit. One thing that would really sell me would be a way to improve performance on my secondary systems. I pretty much >>never<< look at my secondary screens, but especially since Wotlk dropped, they are having trouble. Would there be a way to increase performance on these systems even further than what I've done? (via custom resolution, lowest configurable graphics settings, and fps limiting)

I'd love a way to turn off 3d display or switch it to wireframe or some such. However, I'm 99% sure this would end up being out of the EULA, so if so I'd say nevermind.

Turning off render would definitely involve touching things we can't touch. A wireframe mode exists but is of no benefit - everything is still being rendered.

Disabling rendering is complicated and not something that Inner Space is currently going to do for you. It was of course a feature of a certain cheat extension. I can look into doing something different along those lines, but I can't guarantee anything and it may not improve performance in the end.

Wireframe as stealthy said is unfortunately not going to improve performance, as full rendering is still being done.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start