Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: WoW 5box groups

Default WoW 5box groups

Any comments/experience on these groups? :-)

[5 Shadow Priests]

Lets say at 70 each priest might pull 400-500 DPS
    25% of that will get returned to the group, times 5..
    So 500-625 heal per SECOND to the whole group.

With vampiric touch, and some spell damage gear, the priests would actually GAIN mana by doing dps. Truly unlimited mana.

I have a group of these I've been playing, but they're only level 23, not high enough to really see how well it works as they don't have VE or any o the good shadow talents yet.

So far the annoying thing is that they have no real spammable shadow damage spell other than mind flay, which is channeled and gets interupted when hit..

5x fears is fun too though, can cast an AOE fear every few seconds.

[4 Hunters, 1 Shaman]

Shaman because it buffs the whole group's damage up, including pets, with totems and heroism/bloodlust. (str, agi, windfury, etc)

4 Traps, pets, mail..

Depending on how you set it up, shaman could either be a healbot on autofollow, or maybe enhance/resto (?) as the lead character. The group I made, (just level 10 so far,) shaman is one of the /follow characters.

[4 Warlocks, 1 Priest]

[5 druids]

There is a Priest who plays 4, seems effective and you hit the breaking point on mana spent vs mana return at 3 Shadow Priests with good gear, at that point you have unlimited mana - as long as your enemy still has hp.

I've taken 3 to 61 but stopped there, maybe it was burnout or they just didn't 'feel' as poweful as my 3 mages.

4 Hunters 1 Shaman would be nice for PvE but would get demolished in PvP.

4 Warlocks/ 1 Priest is a nice all around pick.

I don't think anyone has touched 5 druids, most likely due to Melee classes are a nightmare to multibox and they're offensive spell casting is not mana efficient at all.

I agree with Ellay on the hunters. Dead zone + weak pet dmg = dead hunters. They offer little utility or synergy but man that 5x or 4x auto/aimed shot must be wicked.

I prefer a bit more synergy in my class selection personally but for PvE, ALMOST any combination is viable (at least in WoW).

The hunters would have four freezing traps though, and yeah they do have a dead zone, and melee isn't their #1 ability, they can still wield a 2h and 4x raptor strike someone! :-x

I would think that people getting up in melee range is more of a problem for my 5 shaman group (elemental) than it would be for a hunter group. That's the shaman's biggest weakness when people zerg in and get inside. At range they just demolish anyone.

Hunters though, don't really have things with cast times. When someone gets to melee range they'll get hit with four raptor strikes, wing clips (probably will proc a root), and traps can be dropped to CC someone.

My 5 priest group is about 23. Seems to do ok but like I said until they get VE they don't seem to great. I'll probably play them on and off and burn up rest experience over time.

Hunters are 10, so far have been really fun, they just got their pets.. now if I can only find where to buy meat to feed them..

Priest+4locks are 13. Seems like a nice group. Not quite sure which talent builds would be best though at high level though.

A big thing for me is some that there be some sort of anti-fear ability. Anything that can be undead, obviously has WoTF. Shaman have tremors. Hunters can go beast and be immune to all that for a good while. If playing alliance priests, can do fear ward..

I wonder if you could box a pack of warriors lol..

Druids would be fun to try but they have no anti-fear stuff unless you count the PVP trinket.

I have tried 4 hunters and a paladin (lvl 12) and while it looks pretty effective it wasn't that much fun for me. While the dead zone looks like it can be avoided it just is annoying (together with the /follow bug).
    The last couple of days I have noticed something on my 2 lock 2 mage 1 priest group farming zg: The DDs are usually oom after a couple of mobs while the priest is at or near 100%. This might change when i hit the BC instances and the mobs start hitting harder but I thought about dumping one of the mages and adding a shadow priest for mana return for the DDs, shadow vulnerability and decent dps (even backup healing when needed). I am not going to do that because the last thing I want do do right now is level a priest to 4x but I think I whould be a pretty good choice for a 5 man clothy group.
    Bunny

How do cloth groups, without a player tank, get on in lvl 60-70 instances ?

People keep saying they have a much harder time. People said that about the 60 instances though too - so we will have to see. New video cards should be here tomorrow and once I finish up the wiring and my desk then I can finally start on the Warlocks heh, which I have to get to 60 before I crack into the BC stuff and really 10 box. So it might be a while until I personally know for sure.

Im thinking when I get my 5box rig done (using Xzins guide Thanks) thought about a 2-3 shadow priest and 3-2 lock party set see how it turns out. Dont you all wish they added the loot table to all the mobs like whats in BC with the "cool" greens I might have done 5 shamans if that was so.
    Xzin what are your lock names and sever? Just wondering b/c I was searching on the armory and didnt see any than zins nor did I see your mages did you lvl them to 70? showed your priest still at 60.

I still have the Zins - Xzin Azin Bzin Czin Dzin and my locks are named Xz Az Bz Cz Dz. They do not show up on the armory yet because I have not reactivated my accounts just yet. I have all of the accounts ready to go - so soon, I hope. I finally hoisted my display into the air yesterday (12 screens - 6x 17" and 6x 30") it is MASSIVE - weighs in at about 200 lbs.... thats about 6' by 6' of screens.... around 35 megapixels. My video cards for the warlocks and the last of the wiring for the warlocks tomorrow. Once I get that hooked up and tested, I still need to install my UIs and finish the desk articulation. (My desk has motors and memory). Once that is finished then finally, after about four months of work, I can actually play the Zins and locks at the same time. Locks are only level 21 though They need a bit of work to get them to 60. Only hold up would be if I need to install a new air conditioning unit.... if so that might hold things up an extra week or so. Considering I have 75 amps of power running my rigs..... that... is quite a bit of heat being generated that needs to go somewhere or be dealt with. The monitors alone generate something on the order of 800 watts of heat!

Anyway,

2 shadow priest, 2 warlocks and 1 holy priest would be pretty insane. Perhaps 3 shadow but be ready to "morph" for healing? Not sure thats a good idea though - you have to drop shadow form and then cast.... I still maintain that the ability to instant cast holy aoe or spot healing and shields increases longevity by a huge factor.

I would imagine that 4x shadow 1x holy would just smash face. I still think that the warlock + holy route would be better.... the amount of hps the warlocks have is bordering on unreasonable.

How do cloth groups, without a player tank, get on in lvl 60-70 instances ?
    I prefer haveing at least one warlock with a pet as main tank. I don't like the mobs beating on my clothies. My group consists of two demo locks and two mages. While they do not complement so well in terms of damage type (they share fire but the shadow damage could be upped quite a bit adding a shadow priest) i like the crowd control i have: 2 sheeps, 2 tankpets - works good for me.
    Bunny