Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Multiboxing EQ2 guide?

Hello! I've tried to search for this but did not find anything.
    Is there a guide to multiboxing EQ2 for the complete multiboxing newbie?

Thanks in advance!
    Pinny

The closest 'guide' you will get for eq2 is the wiki - not very complete...have tried adding a bit here and there but am more interested in the boxing side than the documenting

My very rough 2 cents worth, all you really need to get started is two simple macros:
    - /follow [tank name] (I like to place this on the hot bar button 6)
    - /assist [tank name]; /autoattack 1 (I place this on hot button 5 - basically mash it instead of ~)

That will get you started no worries (yes, I know that is very simple but it will help you get the feel for what is going on)

Extras which are very handy:
    - Harvest macro - /assist [tank name]; drag and drop all the gathering/collection icons into macro
    I use this for collection quests (which I definately do not recommended doing as with 6 chars you will go blind with boredom) - simply, target the node with the tank (tabbing works for me), and I use F1-F5 for the other accnts, so hit F1 fires the char 1 gather node macro, then target next node, hit F2 to get char 2 to gather the item...blah blah blah...shoot me now...

- Invite macro - /invite [char a name]; invite [char b name]; etc.
    Simply a group invite.

- Camp macro - /camp desktop
    Good for mass bailing

Haven't worked out a way to 'mass accept' quests yet which gets pretty annoying clicking everything x 6

Besides that - it's just experimenting to see what works and what doesn't

Oh - I only use wasd directions on the tank - the other chars use the arrows, same with jumping, etc. A good habit I got into doing is basically disabling everything on the slaves accnts and just setting up the direction keys, jumping and formations, etc.

Another point which I HIGHLY recommend - with all accounts, set up a new chat channel tab and send all /tells to it, I tend to leave this tab open on all accounts as I can instantly see when someone is sending either the tank or the slaves a tell - very handy as the GMs do send the odd /tell to check to make sure we're not botting!

Good luck!