Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Strange performance hit on XP with sideways monitor

On my xp machine, if I launch wow with my monitor normal, it gets great fps. But as soon as I rotate my monitor 90 degrees, it takes a huge fps hit. Gfx card is a 8800gtx, I do not have this problem on my vista machine.

Anyone else seen this?
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Nobody? Cmon! I know someone out there uses Windows XP and uses Nvrotate to rotate their display 90 degrees!

I emailed customer support for nvidia and got one of the lamest responses of all time. So now it looks like I'll be upgrading the box to Vista, cuz I cannot figure it out at all. I searched online and other people are having the same problem but no solutions were posted.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

NVIDIA®'s NVRotate™ --bundled with ForceWare software for desktop, workstation, platform, and mobile solutions--allows users to pivot any display connected to an NVIDIA GPU from landscape to portrait mode, for easier information and application viewing. Many LCD flat panels support rotate (or pivot) mode natively within their monitor stand, but lack the software to provide full hardware acceleration for 2D and 3D applications, and video playback.

The XP driver you are using either does not provide the hardware acceleration when using NVRotate, or you have it turned off. Your CPU is doing the rendering. What are the specs for your computer(s)?