Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 2 box hunter leveling spec?

What do you guys think about what spec to go for 2x hunter leveling... I was thinking that like all my other dual box classes i would go the same spec. But with hunter it seems there is a lot to gain from getting a pet to tank though BM, and having my other spec get trueshot aura... but then at the same time going different specs in BM for a dps pet and a tank pet seems like a good idea, as well as having 2 dps pets for max dps... I don't know what to do!

Any good ideas?

i think it would work. with BM, you have BW, you have a much better tanking option. i'd give the MM hunter a dps type pet with poisons or debuffs like the owl's screech or the monkey's thunderstomp.

get trueshot aura.

only difference in shot rotation is... nothing. just dont use aimed shot. great for pvp when target's not looking at you, but in pve, you're better mana-wise by just sticking to serpent sting and auto shoot. arcane shot on occassions. you dont get the really cool shot til level 62 anyway. and to maximize both builds, you may have sacrifice one of them due to shot rotation/speed. but worry about this later. make sure they both have the same speed weapon so their shots stay in sync.

My opinion here, go BM on both, get a gorilla for the tank pet (imagine a pally "pet") and any ferocity pet for the second. Don't bother with stings because most things will die too quick for them to really matter. and just tear through anything that comes your way.

I would think it would matter what level hunters we are talking. Having made a couple 19 and 29 twinks, you probably want to stay MM in the low levels. Maybe respec into the BM tree higher up. Also you might want to consider a wolf for a second pet, it's furious howl gives AP to everyone in the party...
    Kilrogg-US:
    2x80 shammies (robshammya/robshammyb), 80 druid/80 rogue (Anglesey/Whatchadoo), 80 Hunter/80 Shammy(Huntrchic/Crynomoor), 2x81 pallys(Robpallya/Robpallyb)

Ohh the wolf idea is a good idea for sure. I just really don't know what would be best to do. Normally leveling hunters i would just go BM because it seems to me you have less downtime when your pet is killing stuff... Here it almost seems I will be able to kill stuff so fast it doesn't really matter and that i should just pick whichever spec is gonna kill stuff fastest. Now that i think about it, there is almost no point to having my pet be a tank because it will take probably little damage while fighting. I guess i'm probably just gonna have to try different things... too bad i have no gold

In the mean time if anyone who has experience with this that could give me some info

I have been leveling a solo hunter on the side as full marks. I picked up a wolf from Ashenvale in the 20's and I haven't changed since. Hunters are so OP right now you don't need a tank pet unless you instance. I have done the occasional outdoor elite with no issues. So make one hunter marks, one bm and get a dps and a wolf. Just tear the crap out of everything.

Have fun.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

I'm currently working on 4 hunters (lvl 68 now). The BM pets gets so damn insane, so I skipped my intended 1 MM, 3 BM.
    Been playing instances with a resto shammy friend. I have three gorillas for the stomp and one wolf for the howl. On packs with lots of mobs I got focusmacros for everyone so I can split them up and tank individually, and if they are more then 4, one of the gorillas will manage to hold aggro from the healer with only thunderstomp.
    With the increased healing taken on the tenacity pets, healing gets very easy. Don't got my hopes all that high for heroics thou.. (allthough, I didn't think they would hold aggro/survive in normal either :P).

This ended up slightly more Off Topic then intended, but to sum up my point: Go BM/BM, it's amazing!
    Twisting Nether(EU) Knuphph - Protadin Phia - Resto Shaman Phelicia - Lock Phurry - Moonkin Dairybull - Elemental Shaman
    Currently inactive, will continue on Shattered Hand!

Ok one other question then if "BM pets gets so damn insane"... Should i just go with 2 dps pets, i don't plan on doing instances so i don't need to hold a lot of agro, with the health and armor talents would say a cat or a raptor do enough damage. Would the overall damage increase from the wolf AP boost be better than if i just had a cat in that spot?

in all honesty i don't think it matters that much
    I'd say 1 BM the other... anything
    or 2x BM
    2 gorilladins + volley => aoe grind

i'm doing a frost mage + BM hunter, works perfect